Snarky Brides

Random Poll

What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend?

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do?

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.

What CD is in your CD player right now?

Random questions, but I think they are fairly uncommon. It's a little slow today and I'm bored at work.

imageVacation

Re: Random Poll

• What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend?
    I found out my IVF worked, but then I got the stomach bug.  Kind of ironic, lol.

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?
    Its probably always been my shoes, lol

I have lived lots of places, but I like it here.

Spend it with family

Oh who knows.

Its a mix from ITunes.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend?  I watched my little cousin's hockey team kick everyone's ass in a tournament

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?  When I was a child, probably my baby doll.  Teen years, my journals.  My journals are still pretty valuable to me.  Today - obvious monetary value would be my engagement/wedding ring, but overall I just feel grateful for everything in my life.  I feel very lucky and blessed.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?  Maui, because it's fucking awesome

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do?  Gosh, I have no idea.  I think I'd want to spend the day with my entire family and then spend the night with Ben.

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.  Um not sure.  Here's something random - I have to sleep with my sheets tucked tightly in and the blankets lined up perfectly on top.  Ben always pulls the sheet out and pushes the sheet to the side, between us.  IT DRIVES ME NUTS.  I was freaking out at him about it last night. 

What CD is in your CD player right now?  Bob Seger's greatest hits
    panther
  • What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? H surprised me with french toast when I woke up Sunday

Hmm.Child- my cd collection, Teen- my computer, Adult- property

I would love to live overseas for a couple of years but I would always return to New England

spend it with family

This may be known but I doubt it- I was a BIG drama geek- leads in musicals, dancer, singer, guitar player, president of drama club, community theather participant... and I did Summer Stage each summer...

Currently listening to Young the Giant

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? I got to enjoy hanging out with FI for an entire day and doing things he wanted for his birthday. It was nice.

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now? I don't know from as a child, but my Grandfathers bible has become really important to me.He passed away in 2010.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?  I would love to live in NYC because I love the pace.  I wouldn't want to settle with a family there, though.

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? I would fly 'home' to PA and see friends and family I haven't in a long time and take a trip to the beach.

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.   I really dislike Mexican food. Mostly because I can't eat most dairy products (cheese, sour cream, some sauces..)

What CD is in your CD player right now? Adele
    imageVacation
    Honestly, nothing great happened but nothing bad happened either. 

Our electronics?

Pittsburgh. Because I miss it like crazy.

Spend it with family and eat some really good food.

I have a huge fear of public restrooms?

I don't really listen to music. I listen to Elliot in the Morning on the Ipad.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • AATB- I'm the exact same way when it comes to the sheets on the bed.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? I got married. :)

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now? child-Cabbage Patch Kids teen- my '95 Dodge Neon, now- my e-ring

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why? Portland. I've never been but everyone tells my H and I we would love it. Visiting in Sept!

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? take my best friends and family out for a nice dinner at a new place then stay up all night sharing memories.

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you. I am obsessed with goat cheese, and my best friend and I are actually the grandchildren of best friends.

What CD is in your CD player right now? CD player, lol. I had Alanis Morrisette Ironic on repeat over the weekend, including a sing along on our bus ride back to the hotel after our wedding reception. It rocked.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I got nearly all of my laundry done. It's awesome.

Child: Toys, barbie dolls
    Teen: No idea. 
    Now: I have some jewelry my grandmother gave me before she died that has become really sentimental. My H also gave me some nice jewelry.

Where I am now. My entire family is here.

See my family. Spend time with my husband.

I have a genetic disorder called HHT or Osler-Weber-Rendu Syndrome.

Nothing, I have a maybe 60 second commute and I stick with the radio.
    Spent a great evening with most of my favorite people all in one place and ate way too much salsa. 

Child - stereo.  Teen - car.  Now (E-ring and car excluded) probably my dvd collection or possibly my shoe & bag collection.

The Big Island.  I've never felt more at ease than I do when I'm there.

Surround myself with friends and family. 

Um, I hit my first home run with a blue gobbstopper in my mouth and was given one at every at bat for the next 2 years. 

It's my "sing along" playlist on my iPod - there's a ridiculous amount of Glee on it. 
  • allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We spent most of the weekend with my Nana in the nursing home, who is dying. I am so glad I got to see her and she got to see Kieran. I know it means a lot to her.

My Snoopy was the most important thing to me when I was I was little, and I still have him.

Cape Cod, but I would love a second home in Ireland. I love i there.

Spend it with K, my H and my mom.

Hmm, I have a B.S. in Exercise Science.

I don't play CDs, I use my iPod. I think the last album I played was Adele.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I got to sleep in.

Does Whisky count as being owned? He's pretty valuable. Otherwise I have no idea.

Hawaii. I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure I'd like it.

Spend it with family, eat my favorite foods, go bungee jumping, and probably do a few illegal things.

If you don't know it, it's probably because I don't want you too. I don't even remember what all I've said to who on here.

James Durbin. Shut up, AATB, he's awesome.

I went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival - lots of fun!
    As a child, my blankie, as a teenager, my cello, now, my house
    I have no idea. I've lived in a big suburb, a small suburb, and the city; I'd only rule out the big suburb as a possibility
    Probably cry, because I couldn't figure out how to spend my last 24 hours.
    I've been craving sushi for about a month, and haven't gotten around to getting any.
    Lady Gaga - Born this Way
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:65201d2f-85ff-4fe5-8f40-2ff9cca3f94c">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you. I am obsessed with goat cheese, and <strong>my best friend and I are actually the grandchildren of best friends.</strong> Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

I think that is really awesome.
    imageVacation
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    We finally started planning our belated honeymoon!

Now, probably my baby grand piano that I bought and paid off after I graduated from college.  When I was a kid, I guess the pearls my parents gave me for confirmation.

London.  I studied there in college and left a piece of my heart behind. 

I would gather up as many friends and family as possible for a farewell party, compose a blog to say goodbye to everyone else, and spend my final moments in the arms of my husband.

I skipped kindergarten.  My birthday put me past the cutoff, but the principal interviewed me, and when she asked me to count to ten I asked her if she wanted English or Cantonese (we had just returned from three years in Hong Kong).  She said I would be bored in kindergarten LOL.

Handel's opera "Giulio Cesare".  I'm doing research for my thesis.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited May 2012
    - we had a good ultrasound. The baby still has some things to be monitored, but we got to see him bopping around, rubbing his eyes and yawning. It was pretty surreal.

-child: my baby blanket given to me by my "aunt" who passed away from cancer
    -teenager: my Kurt Cobain autograph
    -now: umm...maybe still my Kurt Cobain autograph... ;)

-I'd have multiple houses; one in Tunisia, one in Jamaica, one in France and one in Ireland. I'd have a home in each place that holds a piece of my heart.

- spend it with my family

- I've met my own doppelganger, and our lives are so similar that it's scary

- Volbeat's "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven"
    Girls day/ baby shower with 10 girl friends. It was awesome.
    Also, drunken karaoke to Britney Spears.. lol

Child: Stuffed bunny?
    Teen: 1986 Honda Accord. lol
    Now:Condo/rings/ cars.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why? Somewhere warm and tropical. I'm open to suggestions.

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? See family and friends

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you. Can we have some guidelines? I'm drawing a blank.

What CD is in your CD player right now? Random shuffle on ipod just had Hotel California, followed by It takes Two to make a thing go right
  • Sept- Glad you had a good u/s!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:9e567856-2f26-4fba-83e3-08bd508d443e">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? - we had a good ultrasound. The baby still has some things to be monitored, but we got to see him bopping around, rubbing his eyes and yawning. It was pretty surreal. What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now? -child: my baby blanket given to me by my "aunt" who passed away from cancer -teenager: my Kurt Cobain autograph -<strong>now: umm...maybe still my Kurt Cobain autograph... ;) </strong>If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why? -I'd have multiple houses; one in Tunisia, one in Jamaica, one in France and one in Ireland. I'd have a home in each place that holds a piece of my heart. If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? - spend it with my family Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you. - I've met my own doppelganger, and our lives are so similar that it's scary What CD is in your CD player right now? - Volbeat's "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven"
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You keep getting more and more awesome in my head. And, congrats on the good U/S! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:ee87858d-2f0f-4893-8158-aa900252e4d5">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sept- Glad you had a good u/s!
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Also, what is in Tunisia that is special to you, out of curiousity?

And Blue, I wasn't here last week, but congrats!
  • Sept- Congrats on the U/S! I hope you're more at ease now.
    imageVacation
  • James Durbin has a scarf tail.

Here's another thing maybe you guys don't know about me - when I was two, I got a broken leg at my home day care.  Another kid jumped on my leg and broke it.
    panther
  • Thanks, Hike.

The cyst in his brain is still there (and he has another one, grr!) but the first one seems to have shrunk and the second one is teeny tiny. We have to go back in a month again, but at least the doctors know what the cysts are and aren't worried.
       *I started a drawing.  The first one that is just for me in a while and not school required.

*Child:  My baby blanket
       *Teen: My baby blanket
       *Now:   Mr Jingles.  A beat up-slobbered on-totally loved to pieces-barely still fuzzy stuffed elephant with a bell inside.  My Grandpa gave him to me the day I was born.

*Domestically: Here is the best.  Nice people, great schools, beautiful scenery
                               *DC comes in 2nd place for the job opportunities, museums, and cultural                                  events
       *Internationally:  Echzell, Deutschland.  Sleepy little town with the greatest community             ever!  Tons of events, and easy travel by rail to some of my favorite spots on earth              (Salzburg, Berteschgarten, Heidelberg)

*Spend the whole day writing letters to everyone I've ever loved.

*I once roadtripped to San Diego (In my crazier early 20's) just because I was craving good Seafood.  Got there, ate lunch, hit up the zoo, ate dinner, and drove home.

*ipod mix but i think I'm shuffling the 90's hits at the moment.
  • Anna- that day trip sounds amazing.  How long of a drive was it?
    imageVacation
  • What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? I went to a wedding- I got so many compliments on my dress!! It made me feel good.

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now? My doggie! or house. as a teen- probably my piano

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why? Turks and Caicos- duh. I also think I would like to live in San Fran area, or Seattle. I feel like there is a lot of science/tech jobs out there, and I think the areas are beautiful.

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? Hang with H and the dog.

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you. hm. I am a terrible athlete- always cared a lot more about music than excelling at sports or winning games.

What CD is in your CD player right now? John Mayer, Cheryl Cole, Taylor Swift (lol) and Sara Bareilles.
  • Jenna - I spent a year there when I was younger, and it's always remained a really magical place in my heart. There's nothing like walking through the medina (the market) and being surrounded by the most exotic things I've ever seen.

This is what it looks like, wall-to-wall, except add spices, animals, jewelry, perfumes, etc.:

There's also places like Sidi Bou Said where the entire city is painted in white and blue:

It's just such an incredible place.
    H was extremely sweet all weekend. We got haircuts. I look hot.

Memories from my childhood are super valuable to me now, especially stuff from people that are no longer around. When I was a kid, I'd tell you that my American Dolls were valuable

I'm starting to miss living at the beach - sea breezes and easy lifestyles are my favorite.

Hang out with family and go to Universal, Disney and Sea World. 

Um? I'm extremely entertaining at karaoke.

Metallica - the black album.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:f2ae8dd5-0aa3-4d43-bc14-115c1205a78f">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna- that day trip sounds amazing.  How long of a drive was it?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>A little over 32 hours straight after factoring in bathroom breaks.  I REALLY wanted fresh seafood.</div>
  • Sesh- is James Durbin that guy from American Idol?
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:c5354978-7501-4f01-a701-d1c7768b8403">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : A little over 32 hours straight after factoring in bathroom breaks.  I REALLY wanted fresh seafood.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Oh my!! Were you by yourself? That is one crazy awesome trip. I hope that seafood was delish!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards