South Asian Weddings

NJ makeup artist for indian wedding

Hi my wedding is on March 20, 2010 and I still haven't booked a makeup artist to do my hair, makeup, and duppata settings.  People tell me not to book with a SA makeup artist but can any one recommend some great desi  or non desi makeup artist and can you tell me their prices, what they do and if they travel.  Thanks

Re: NJ makeup artist for indian wedding

• edited December 2011
    I used Punam Sethi for my April 2007 wedding.  She did it all and was about $800 for the day.  She did a great job and was quite prompt in her responses.  I highly recommend her.  www.perfectbridallooks.com
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're not absolutely set on a SA person, I would definintely consider someone non-SA.  The price will be significantly cheaper and they do an excellent job.  Most will have experience with SA weddings too.  I was finding that most SA artists were charging well in excess of $1200.  I believe I even contacted Punam Sethi when I was planning in early 2009 and I was quoted more than $1000.  Many other girls quoted me $1500 or higher, NOT including any family members/friends that would have had their hair/makeup done!
  • DiyaMDiyaM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you guys do about dressing and pinning if you hire a non-SA hair/makeup person?
  • abhalla19abhalla19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's my question, too -- what do you do about draping and the like if you use a non-SA hair stylist and make-up aritst?
  • cakescastingcakescasting member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I am writing on behalf of WeTV.    We are producing a new show following a cake artist as he makes cakes for various events.   We are actively seeking weddings of all varieties right now so I wanted to reach out to you about your wedding.   If you would be interested in having your wedding featured on a new reality series for WeTV please shoot me an email at cakes@nancyglassproductions.com

Thanks!

Jonathan
  • munira mehtamunira mehta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try MUNIRA MEHTA of BEAUTIFUL BRIDE LLC/ MAKEUP BY MUNIRA MEHTA. She has an experience of 19 years to her career and done a lot of bollywood stars too. you could log to her face book page BEAUTIFUL BRIDE LLC . OR MAKEUP BY MUNIRA MEHTA. You could also log to her website www.muniramehta.com.
  • Try Arianna Seth! she just did my wedding and she was awesome! she has done her schooling from paris and will completely change the way you look and feel!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards