Maine

Centerpiece demo

Hi ladies!

I have been experimenting with some centerpiece ideas, and I am really excited about it.  Our wedding is on July 1, 2012 and has a red, white, and blue color scheme.  I am going to be using red birch bark roses (Etsy- not what is in my picture!) for the centerpieces, and they are going to be in the inner vase so that they do not get wet.  Which inner vase do you like best?  Also, suggestions for something that would be even better than these two options are welcome!  Thanks in advance!

Re: Centerpiece demo

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the martini glass - we have large margarita glasses as our centerpieces!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I like the shorter glass with the rest of the arrangement.  
  • edited December 2011
    I think that the birch roses will better be seen in the martini glass, but I think both look nice.
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you do half in one style and half in the other so that the tables vary a bit?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually debating using charger plates now instead of the floating candle bowl.  My FMIL and FBIL thought the martini glass looked really weird in the bowl, but I think that the height is really necessary.  It would kinda be the inverse of what I demo'd this weekend, where the charger would have the rocks and birch flowers on it and the inner vase (martini glass, cylinder vase) would have a floating candle in it.  The cylinder vase for these arrangements would be bigger than the one in the picture, and I am trying to think of a filler to put in it (maybe the plastic sparkly filler?).  I am probably going to get the stuff for this new demo this weekend. 

Thanks!  I will keep you posted, and let me know if you have any ideas!
    Laura
  • edited December 2011
    That could look nice.  I agree with your FMIL and FBIL that the martini glass doesn't work with the bowl for me--maybe something about the shapes--which is why I voted for the lower glasses. 
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the martini glass.  You might consider a placemat or material underneath with stars or stripes, or maybe sheer material with stars on it.  They have some like that at Walmart.  Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards