Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Dear Minnesota Government People

2»

Re: Dear Minnesota Government People

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:4201de7a-f8a0-40dc-b259-42d5eb54c715">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : Haha. Yes. I am from the Twin Cities and will be getting married there, but currently live in Northern California. Don't worry though, I have been told to go to my own board before. That is always pleasant. Gotta love the Minnesota nice going on here!
    Posted by emilykathleen511[/QUOTE]

<div>It's ok, you can admit it was me.  actually... that wasn't me. I just called you out on other issues. meh. I'm over it :)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:b6f9b84a-9e67-4cac-9724-00a06b4a188f">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : I change it :( And I know it's annoying and yet I still do it because I just got in a habit and it felt not like me when I didn't. I will quit now that my purple wedding is over. PHEW this feels weird!
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

<div>haha you don't have to change it! I'm a little impressed by the dedication to the purple font.  It's not that bad, at least it was a darker color...</div>
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:4201de7a-f8a0-40dc-b259-42d5eb54c715">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : Haha. Yes. I am from the Twin Cities and will be getting married there, but currently live in Northern California. Don't worry though, I have been told to go to my own board before. That is always pleasant. Gotta love the Minnesota nice going on here!
    Posted by emilykathleen511[/QUOTE]

Aw, I feel your pain.  My SN gives people the idea that my wedding date was in October of 2010.  And it was, until we changed it.  So I confused more than one person when I started posting on my ACTUAL month board.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:722302b8-8992-4391-9019-40d7d1729dc2">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]She should join you guys on SB... I would def lurk for that thread.
    Posted by aabrahams7[/QUOTE]

<div>Which one?</div><div>
    If you want a full rundown of stereotypes of the 'reg' posters there, I recommend the 840+ post thread currently going on.</div>
    edited December 2011
    Steph, I point out your faults because I love you and I want you to be the best knottie you can be.  Knot careers are very serious bizness.  VERY SERIOUS.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:1c3a1ccb-e7c0-4ff8-8974-85c10232c78b">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : Aw, I feel your pain.  My SN gives people the idea that my wedding date was in October of 2010.  And it was, until we changed it.  So I confused more than one person when I started posting on my ACTUAL month board.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>*ahem* those May 11'ers had some other issues, though, let's be honest.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:3c8bc08f-39e7-4231-a4c5-fffbfed6adb2">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : *ahem* those May 11'ers had some other issues, though, let's be honest.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

^true story.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:3c8bc08f-39e7-4231-a4c5-fffbfed6adb2">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : *ahem* those May 11'ers had some other issues, though, let's be honest.

Yes, at the time for sure.  But once they all settled down and realized that it wasn't life or death, I found most of them (MOST OF THEM) to be a rather lovely group of knotties.  Especially when I didn't want to bore SB with my inane wedding neurosis.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:08055b50-eb3a-424e-b68a-0ebd7564f33f">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : Yes, at the time for sure.  But once they all settled down and realized that it wasn't life or death, I found most of them (MOST OF THEM) to be a rather lovely group of knotties.  Especially when I didn't want to bore SB with my inane wedding neurosis.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I would have listened to your wedding talk, J. </div><div>
    </div><div>P.S. I love that your sangria thread is a 'hot topic'.  For real. Who picks those? JUST ONCE I would love one of our nasty 'thunderdome' threads to become a hot topic. </div>
    edited December 2011
    (And psssst, I'm a May 11er.  SO SAY IT TO MY FACE!)

• edited December 2011

The whole point of what I said was that this post was totally non-related to anything wedding, which I think last time I checked theknot.com was pretty much all about... I'm not ignorant and I know that it's a free country so people can post whatever they feel like (which clearly you do) and I thought I'd put in my two cents, because I can. I just don't see why you aren't on another site, maybe a political site for instance, going off about how ticked you are. Some people are just silly I guess and feel that they need the attention so bad that they'll go to whatever means possible, but I have a life and don't really care enough to deal with this non-sense anymore, so go on and say what you want to in reply to this, I'm definitely not going to loose any sleep over it.

edited December 2011
    Haha, I hated that it was made a hot topic, I thought it would get dumb quick, but there have only been a couple random posts so far.  Granted, sangria is a pretty non-controversial topic, so it's not like it will go on for days and days and weeks and months like the E divorce thread that one time.  (Thank god)

• aabrahams7aabrahams7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:8e7113bd-8148-4438-9e09-a0208bc79a4b">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : Which one? If you want a full rundown of stereotypes of the 'reg' posters there, I recommend the 840+ post thread currently going on.

<div id="forumPostAuthor[8]" class="Discussion_UserName">jm.mitchell should venture over there...    I have been glued to the AYG, Yoda and the one that is currently going on. Cheap entertainment. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:93f282d9-2757-47c3-88fd-4f35c97c8cc7">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]The whole point of what I said was that this post was totally non-related to anything wedding, which I think last time I checked theknot.com was pretty much all about... I'm not ignorant and I know that it's a free country so people can post whatever they feel like (which clearly you do) and I thought I'd put in my two cents, because I can. I just don't see why you aren't on another site, maybe a political site for instance, going off about how ticked you are. Some people are just silly I guess and feel that they need the attention so bad that they'll go to whatever means possible, but <strong>I have a life and don't really care enough to deal with this non-sense anymore</strong>, so go on and say what you want to in reply to this, I'm definitely not going to loose any sleep over it.
    Posted by jm.mitchell[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you feel bad for her husband too?</div><div>
    </div><div>Also- you sound like our governor! Not caring enough to deal with this nonsense.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:8ad00999-067a-41c2-a3e2-988158da39de">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : jm.mitchell should venture over there...    I have been glued to the AYG, Yoda and the one that is currently going on. Cheap entertainment.

<div>JOIN IN. I finally convinced MuSu to join it.. and we all know she got exponentially cooler when that happened.</div>
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it has anything to do with needing attention or being silly.  This is a community of (mostly) Minnesotans that will all be affected by the shut down.  Why WOULDN'T you talk about it here?  I get that it's a wedding forum, but you're all people first and foremost, and some things are actually even more important than weddings.  Like jobs, and government, and roads and stuff.

• Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:93f282d9-2757-47c3-88fd-4f35c97c8cc7">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]The whole point of what I said was that this post was totally non-related to anything wedding, which I think last time I checked theknot.com was pretty much all about... I'm not ignorant and I know that it's a free country so people can post whatever they feel like (which clearly you do) and I thought I'd put in my two cents, because I can. I just don't see why you aren't on another site, maybe a political site for instance, going off about how ticked you are. Some people are just silly I guess and feel that they need the attention so bad that they'll go to whatever means possible, but I have a life and don't really care enough to deal with this non-sense anymore, so go on and say what you want to in reply to this, I'm definitely not going to loose any sleep over it.

Ummm, you don't have to read the post or comment on it.  Just sayin'. And I have family in Blaine, so I can post here.  Nyah!

And Steph?? I'm a May 11.  Of course I am BSC, so there is that. 
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:93f282d9-2757-47c3-88fd-4f35c97c8cc7">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]The whole point of what I said was that this post was totally non-related to anything wedding, which I think last time I checked theknot.com was pretty much all about... I'm not ignorant and I know that it's a free country so people can post whatever they feel like (which clearly you do) and I thought I'd put in my two cents, because I can. I just don't see why you aren't on another site, maybe a political site for instance, going off about how ticked you are. Some people are just silly I guess and feel that they need the attention so bad that they'll go to whatever means possible, but I have a life and don't really care enough to deal with this non-sense anymore, so go on and say what you want to in reply to this, I'm definitely not going to loose any sleep over it.

Uh, because this shutdown is probably going to affect brides?  Like oh, I don't know....anybody who's getting married in a state park?  Anybody who needs to get a marriage license?  Anybody who's trying to save for a wedding and works for the state and is going to get laid off?  Are those enough reasons for me to post about the shutdown on this board and how I'm not happy about it?  If you really think the shutdown is not "wedding-related" at all then you obviously haven't been keeping up.

I can assure you that if I wanted attention that bad, posting on a nameless, faceless Internet message board would be the last place I would attempt to get it.  Stop acting like I'm dancing naked on the tabletops at Kincaid's, you nutjob.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:93f282d9-2757-47c3-88fd-4f35c97c8cc7">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:

Some brides have more in their world than their wedding. It is nice to talk to other women who are going through or have recently been through the same milestone. A political website would likely have a different feel to it; much more serious and scholarly, rather than more informal and chatty. That, and there would likely be men on the political site that would either take everything way too seriously or else hit on all of the women (or both). Even if there is a message board out there somewhere that is specifically for women who are in a relationship to openly discuss politics, why should Nugget Brain or anyone else leave an online community they like and enjoy just because you are having your time of month? Just curious. Any insight would be wonderful.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and the shutdown will affect you if you want to try to get a marriage license.  Did you think of that j.m.m.? See, it does relate to weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Nugget.  I have an enormous boner for you right now.
    panther
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:8ad00999-067a-41c2-a3e2-988158da39de">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : jm.mitchell should venture over there...    I have been glued to the AYG, Yoda and the one that is currently going on. Cheap entertainment.

RIght there with ya. Sure as shiit beats working :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dear-minnesota-government-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:ae9deaad-4089-4468-be6b-6d08dca7da06Post:6b5ba338-9dc2-41d9-a25d-e2808721e71f">Re: Dear Minnesota Government People</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Minnesota Government People : RIght there with ya. Sure as shiit beats working :)
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

Agreeeeeed! 
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh I miss this board :) I am going to start coming back more often!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    LOL....I can't believe I've been missing this awesomeness.

I wonder if it would have been such a big issue if Nugget wrote "NWR" before the subject line. Cuz you know, then that makes it okay, right?

Either way, Nugs is pretty much on point with this one!
  • edited December 2011

love.this.thread. 

Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011

We did and it left a very sour taste in my mouth, and I still rarely go back. Like you Steph there is one that drives my bunkers
  • edited December 2011
    P.s Nugget can you come around these parts more often? Clearly you bring the fun :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have to say I'm a little disappointed that my bat signal for fishy didn't work.

Regardless, jm mitchell --- I think PPs have made it clear that posting whatever you want on this message board is perfectly fine. Nuggs isn't the first (and surely will not be the last) that has posted here about non-WR things. Take, for example, many of the daily threads ("WTF Wednesday, Confessions Thursday", etc) Not wedding related, but still participated in and enjoyed. Your condescending attitude toward those kinds of posts will not be tolerated if it continues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards