Delaware
Options

CHECK! - Invites - Apropos - Greenville, DE

I went to Apropos this afternoon and LOVED them.  Karen and the other lady ( sorry I forget her name) were so super nice! not pushy! and VERY helpful.  I had a tough time getting good sales support and service from Wedding Divas on theknot so decided to try a brick and mortar store.

Apropos has a TON of books to look through.  Having looked online helped me identify what I wanted. I walked in at 3:30 and by 5:40 (even though they close at 5:30) I had a quote on 2 options with customization (no additional pricing based on the designer I chose), had picked my invite, decided on wording, placed a refundable deposit and ordered my proof!

Woo hoo!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: CHECK! - Invites - Apropos - Greenville, DE

• Options
    MrsPnky2BMrsPnky2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh and forgot to mention that Apropos takes an additional 20% off the suggested retail price of the invites. 20% off plus no DE tax is FABULOUS!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lilapple27lilapple27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's fantastic! They are on my list of places to check out once I get that far along in planning :)
  • Options
    uderin02uderin02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!  We're finalizing the details of our invitations tonight...soooo excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    meastburnmeastburn member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is great news! Congratulations! I'm just starting to make up a list of places to look at for invitations and this place will DEFINITELY be on my list!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So now it's a week or two later and I have some thoughts on invites.

The invites I ended up going with are $4 per invite. I could've gone cheaper but my colors are silver, white and yellow and I really wanted yellow in my invites. There weren't a lot of options that offered yellow embellishments or the combination of yellow embellishments and silver envelopes.  So there ya go.

My advice is that if you want advice on invitation wording, etiquette rules, designing then go to a brick and mortar shop. It will definitely be more expensive than DIY and less time consuming but you're paying for more than the invites.

I had a moment of second thoughts this weekend when I went to Michaels and saw invites for $40 for 30 (barely over $1 per invite) and some on half price clearance for $20 for 30. Mine of course are nicer (honestly) but isn't that what this wedding thing is about, figuring out what you want to pay for and what you don't mind going lower cost on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add that yes they do have invites that are as low as ~$2/invite and they still give 20% off and their service is still impeccable.

I've ordered 4 proofs thus far (the designer I picked doesn't charge for each proof) and Apropos has been great about offering advice every step of the way and promptly sending my latest rev to the designer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAAY!  So glad you loved them!  They were the same way with me- absolutely wonderful about everything.

And everything she said was true- they have wonderful service, will stay late (I was there til almost 7pm one day!), so many books to look through, 20% off all retail prices, etc.  They really rock :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards