Maine
Options

Wishing well instead of gifts!

How do I properly let my guests know that we have everything we need and are only having a wishing well. We don't want to insult anyone but we don't need actual gifts and are just asking for money and gift cards to help towards our honeymoon. One suggestion was just to write a wishjing well is available. But alot of people have no clue what a wishing well is for! I need some opinions on this and fast! Invites go out in 2 weeks! Thanks.

Re: Wishing well instead of gifts!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there's any way you can really tactfully do that. Your parents/bridesmaids can probably hint at the concept through informal conversations, but there's no apprpriate way to ask guests to bring money instead of gifts via the invitations. Check out the etiquette board for more advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a troll. It posted on my month & several other boards too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Troll?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a troll is a term used for a poster who makes a controversial post just to stir up drama. 

In the event that this is a legitimate question, there is NO way to do this.  As you've been told on the 3 other boards you posted this on, your guests aren't required to bring you anything, AND it's beyond poor ettiquette to mention anything at all about gifts or registries in your invitation or anything sent out with it.  That information is passed on in your shower invitations only, or by word of mouth by family members - NOT YOU.  And, is there really nothing you could upgrade?  No new towels, no new sheets, newer dishes?  New pots and pans, or baking dishes???  nothing at all?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ouch! I was being serious, number 1. Number 2: How was I supposed to know without asking? I've never been married before! Guess I won't ask questions anymore on this site unless I want to be insulted! Thanks alot for being so rude!
  • Options
    mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldnt have insulted if you hadnt posted it on 4 boards & then waited a week to come back, I answered you on one of the threads & then realized that you had XPd & ditched. That makes you look like a troll considering it was the only post you had ever had & you put it in so many places. Sorry if thats not the case. Pretty sure you got the information you needed anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards