Chit Chat
Options

Flame On! Please reach 300!

Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!

• Options
    Bless your heart.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:f377f319-0af0-4716-bd60-137f0a21468c">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame On! Please reach 300! : Ah - I see, so you are asking "why are you here if you don't like it here?" <strong>I do get good advice from the discussion boards on this site, so I stay.  But I do agree that there is a lot of hostility and petty rudeness with many posts.  I am just agreeing with OP.  I usually will stay out of these cat fights (except this, of course, lol) and not post a response when I see it has become one. I'm </strong>just sharing that I have a common observation with OP, but I still see more positives on here than the negatives so that is why I'm still here.
    Posted by M&R7111[/QUOTE]

I think that's a copout.  I don't look at these as "cat fights" I see them as discussions.  Its okay to disagree and speak your mind.  I think just leaving a thread like that is lame.  If I notice someone doing that, I'm disappointed.

If you were having a debate with someone in real life and you think it was getting too heated, do you just turn around and walk away? 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Wow OP, I think maybe it`s time for you to have a little break.  Take a walk, have a nap, have a time out, but in any case turn off the computer.  You`re getting a little bent out of shape.
  • Options
    qtxvixen - I was on your side until I saw this. I agree that some of these girls are way outta line, but don't stoop to their level!! Let it go, dude.

How did you get called out, but the other girls didn't (as far as I know)? I saw some pretty nasty language from quite a few people on there.

Maybe I just need to stick to the DIY page from now on. Apparently "chit chat" is too catty for this girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:5ae21471-f021-402b-ae0c-57dba87e7cc5">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Op needs a nap and a ham sandwich.  But honestly aren't we all just feeding the drama by replying? Her title even shows that she WANTS everyone to respond.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Great.  Now I want a ham sandwich.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I was waiting for M&R to respond.  Maybe it got too "catty" for her.  I have to leave for home now.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:b59b78d6-565b-4244-b4b9-28e1cbe5b01d">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]qtxvixen - I was on your side until I saw this. I agree that some of these girls are way outta line, but don't stoop to their level!! Let it go, dude. How did you get called out, but the other girls didn't (as far as I know)? I saw some pretty nasty language from quite a few people on there. Maybe I just need to stick to the DIY page from now on. Apparently "chit chat" is too catty for this girl.
    Posted by loritajean[/QUOTE]
    She and Opal were the only people actually calling other posters names: idiot, stupid and bitch are three off the top of my head.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:65013f2f-31cc-4f61-80d7-fe21f085074e">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame On! Please reach 300! : She and Opal were the only people actually calling other posters names: idiot, stupid and bitch are three off the top of my head.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

How about cew and her "gigantic bag of ass" comment? Or laurenclaire and her "douche" barb? I wonder if they were reprimanded. Probably not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not Bill Murray ... and today is not February 2nd. So could somebody please tell me what the hell is going on here, and how do I skip to the part where I get play kick-ass piano for Andie MacDowell?

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:48af35ce-889e-423a-a822-25e6951c2fd9">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was waiting for M&R to respond.  Maybe it got too "catty" for her.  I have to leave for home now.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

Well, real life called, I had to run out and get some potatoes for dinner, which means I had to leave my computer (gasp!)

No, I understand that when there is a debate people disagree.  I'm talking about the outright rude responses some girls give others.  I've seen it happen, to me even.  Also, I think that many people jump to conclusions too soon.  I know I, or rather my tone, have been misunderstood  on here.  But these are typed discussions, so people's tones and attitudes are going to be misread.

Take for instance my delay to respond - no, you were not to "catty" for me, i needed potatoes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TideTravel - Sorry to repost, I mentioned it on another thread but I think this is more recent.

I saw other posters use the words "ridiculous douche", "gigantic bag of crap", "bitch", "bitchy", "bitches", "bitching", "wipe her ass", "f*ck"... and I don't even feel like scanning for more. (All of these were from frequent posters.)

I can't defend vixen anymore, but I think quite a few people stepped over the line.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:c9277d06-6c7b-4b47-9659-7c173c6a6d93">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]TideTravel - Sorry to repost, I mentioned it on another thread but I think this is more recent. I saw other posters use the words "ridiculous douche", "gigantic bag of crap", "bitch", "bitchy", "bitches", "bitching", "wipe her ass", "f*ck"... and I don't even feel like scanning for more. (All of these were from frequent posters.) I can't defend vixen anymore, but I think quite a few people stepped over the line.

Do you know for a fact they didn't get messages?

honestly, I don't think its so much of the language but rather starting up things just to create drama.
  • Options
    Lorita - language isn't the issue - we're all adults.  I'm sure people can handle curse words.  It's directed insults that are a problem.  There's a difference between saying someone is bitchy and calling someone a bitch.

As for cew's comment - she probably did get reprimanded.  Cew, however, is a regular and checks her PM often, therefore didn't need a reminder to check them
  • Options
    nda_roxybabe - I did mention in my first comment that I wasn't sure if they had received messages or not. I was just trying to show TideTravel that they weren't the only ones who were name calling.

Again, I'm not trying to defend anyone anymore, and I agree with you that vixen is creating way too much unnecessary drama. but to be honest I have seen experienced posters bully newbies to the point of desperation on this board on more than one occasion.

And I know this is completely unrelated, but I really like the dress and shoes you're wearing in your signature pic :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TideTravel - I agree with you, but most of those words I mentioned were used as a direct insult, except for possibly one or two of the "bitchys". If they did get a PM, that's great, I never said they didn't. I just mean vixen wasn't the only one, so let's not place ALL blame on her... even if she is off her rocker.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You know, I was in a bad mood until I saw this.  Now, I am just so happy no one I know is this BSC.

I think you should be added to the list of reasons you can dump a BM.  If she sleeps with your FI, attacks you, or is qtxvixen-in which case dump her, move and leave no forwarding address.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010

Lorita - I love your headpiece.  Do you have a picture of it from the front?
  • Options
    Well, Heels, I am convinced that Shebalyun is meant to be a bad word, since she is calling us that. If we could figure out what it is, you might have grounds to ban her.
    All I get when I google is a Russian Composer named Shebalin. OP must have misspelled her own made up insult word.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:d10ed2b3-a924-413c-bbf0-a51cd0e68cd6">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]nda_roxybabe - I did mention in my first comment that I wasn't sure if they had received messages or not. I was just trying to show TideTravel that they weren't the only ones who were name calling. Again, I'm not trying to defend anyone anymore, and I agree with you that vixen is creating way too much unnecessary drama. but to be honest<strong> I have seen experienced posters bully newbies to the point of desperation on this board on more than one occasion</strong>. And I know this is completely unrelated, but I really like the dress and shoes you're wearing in your signature pic :)

Right - I've seen it too, and that's what I've been trying to say.  It happens, I don't like it, but oh well. Why I'm being argued with right now is beyond me. Apparently I'm not the only one with this observation.  However, I wouldn't make such a big deal the way vixen is, though.
  • Options
    Why do people think that a big long rant about how mean and catty people are isn't itself a mean and catty thing to do?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:56ed943f-8008-4fd3-8baf-2473677ed58c">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, Heels, I am convinced that Shebalyun is meant to be a bad word, since she is calling us that. If we could figure out what it is, you might have grounds to ban her. All I get when I google is a Russian Composer named Shebalin. OP must have misspelled her own made up insult word.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure her blaming us for there being gay men in the world is reason enough for bannation.

Also, since Google failed me, I asked DH, since he knows weirdo LARP/D&D insults, and to his knowledge no such word exists.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I tried some misspellings and came up with Sheba Lyon, and some Russian ice dancers. Maybe this is only a word in her own little world.
  • Options
    tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:f55ff273-04a8-4e8e-ac80-596288513bcc">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame On! Please reach 300! : I'm pretty sure her blaming us for there being gay men in the world is reason enough for bannation. Also, since Google failed me, I asked DH, since he knows weirdo LARP/D&D insults, and to his knowledge no such word exists.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]
    Well, in Ravenblack Roleplay, there are Shebalin.  Apparently, we are thieving, rogue vampires, which I think I can live with:

<em><font size="2">There are those who walk Inside The City who think they are gods. Then there are those who walk above the City and Rule the gods themselves. We are thought of as the Lowest of the City's vampires. Until we walk behind them and reveal to them who we really are. We are the Best at what we do, and we will Make damn sure that Everybody Dead and Alive Knows it. Welcome to Tullus d'Shebalin {Hall of Rogues}, where you will become a master thief and learn to Rule those who cannot rule themselves.</font></em>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:beebaf82-b588-428a-abca-3f8a8f53e8ec">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think you should be added to the list of reasons you can dump a BM.  If she sleeps with your FI, attacks you, or is qtxvixen-in which case dump her, move and leave no forwarding address.
    Posted by JoyTate1[/QUOTE]

Ha!

Did anyone else instantly think of Fantastic Four by this thread's title?

And OP, your comment about gay men is offensive. Shame on you. Also, someone who tells others to go get an education should really be more careful about her own posts. You have I-capping errors, blatant made-up words, hyphen mistakes, and an inability to form proper paragraphs.

*sits patiently and waits for QT to continue her delusion about my wild hot passion for her BSC ways*
  • Options
    My goodness, some one is attention seeking.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:39bd4e24-49f5-4491-bf33-a27f3414f372">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame On! Please reach 300! : Well, in Ravenblack Roleplay, there are Shebalin.  Apparently, we are thieving, rogue vampires, which I think I can live with: There are those who walk Inside The City who think they are gods. Then there are those who walk above the City and Rule the gods themselves. We are thought of as the Lowest of the City's vampires. Until we walk behind them and reveal to them who we really are. We are the Best at what we do, and we will Make damn sure that Everybody Dead and Alive Knows it. Welcome to Tullus d'Shebalin {Hall of Rogues}, where you will become a master thief and learn to Rule those who cannot rule themselves.

Too bad she didn't even know how to spell her own insult before throwing it. Who needs an education now?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_flame-please-reach-300?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbbacea1-c637-4f05-a5a1-b27fa06214fdPost:39bd4e24-49f5-4491-bf33-a27f3414f372">Re: Flame On! Please reach 300!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame On! Please reach 300! : Well, in Ravenblack Roleplay, there are Shebalin.  Apparently, we are thieving, rogue vampires, which I think I can live with: There are those who walk Inside The City who think they are gods. Then there are those who walk above the City and Rule the gods themselves. We are thought of as the Lowest of the City's vampires. Until we walk behind them and reveal to them who we really are. We are the Best at what we do, and we will Make damn sure that Everybody Dead and Alive Knows it. Welcome to Tullus d'Shebalin {Hall of Rogues}, where you will become a master thief and learn to Rule those who cannot rule themselves.

Yeah, I think I can live with this too. In fact, it sounds kind of exciting.
  • Options
    So she does get some things right, huh Tide? Me likey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards