Maine

Who likes brownies?

Ok - where is the best brownie you've ever had?

We were going to go with our caterer (Famous Dave's) for brownies & ice cream for our "cake" - but we stopped in today to try it out and they were more cake-y than we like, so we're on the brownie search.

Re: Who likes brownies?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer my own brownies to most I've had out and about, but my favorite (Flat Bread) I'm guessing doesn't make them for what you're looking for.

Have you tried Two Fat Cats Bakery in Portland (on India Street by Amatos)?  I've never had their brownies but everything else I've ever had has been AMAZING!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite brownie sunday is actually from Outback Steakhouse. It is sinful. You should check to see if you can get the name of their supplier. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Ghiardelli brownie mix.  We stock up when we go to Costco, but I've seen them at Hannaford's in individual packages.  Chocolate brownies with chocolate chips.  I like to make things from scratch, but this mix is amazing.  
  • LillyBean7LillyBean7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trader Joes Truffle brownies!!
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  They will plate and serve whatever I pick without an additional fee so I could definitley make a couple pans myself if I wanted.  Brownies for 40 shouldn't take long I would think.  I guess another upside is that I get to pick my own ice cream, which will have to be Giffords -- YUM.

FI wants a chocolate cork from Standard Baking Co on commercial street  - which is pretty awesome, it's like a dense choco brownie/cake.  But I am going to check out the Trader Joe suggestion and the Girhadelli mix as well.

Brownie shopping is yummy ;)
  • plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to bake...these are the brownies that are my favorite and they get rave reviews whenever I make them: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dan-smith-and-steve-mcdonagh/truffle-brownies-recipe/index.html

Also, they couldn't be easier to make. Have fun with this venture!
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! Those sound amazing and the reviews over them are making me drool even more.  I am SO making these next weekend!

Thanks!
  • plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how you like them! They really are unbelievable...and not cake-y like you had mentioned in your OP. I might have to make these this weekend for Easter. mmm...brooownies. :)
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    edited December 2011
    i'm so jealous that famous dave's is your caterer. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards