Wedding Party
Options

Help, with best man and groom

My fiancE picked his best man and 3 months before the wedding he is thinking about kicking him out. They used to be best friends but then somethings changed. They started to talk more when my fiance asked him to be his best man and then after that they haven't talked and my fiance is thinking about kicking him out but isn't sure. How is the proper way of doing this? My fiance thought it might save their relationship but it hasn't. They don't even talk anymore.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help, with best man and groom

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-with-best-man-and-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:348b1ed4-3551-4bdc-a89e-80e0b262b44aPost:1b9da8ae-539f-49e2-b723-937afa8b277c">Help, with best man and groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancE picked his best man and 3 months before the wedding he is thinking about kicking him out. They used to be best friends but then somethings changed. They started to talk more when my fiance asked him to be his best man and then after that they haven't talked and my fiance is thinking about kicking him out but isn't sure. How is the proper way of doing this? My fiance thought it might save their relationship but it hasn't. They don't even talk anymore.
    Posted by misskassie11[/QUOTE]

<div>There is no way to do this without losing the friendship forever. Why can't he talk to his friend as a friend? Why are you/he putting this in terms of the best man and the wedding? This has nothing to do with that. And if the friendship was already on the rocks, this is not the way to save it. If this is a person that your fiancé truly cares about keeping as a friend, he needs to reach out to him as such.</div>
  • Options
    I agree with Allie. If your fiance wants to end the friendship, that's one thing. But the friendship needs to be addressed FIRST, and then if the 2 men decide they no longer wish to be friends, not being the Best Man naturally follows. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-with-best-man-and-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:348b1ed4-3551-4bdc-a89e-80e0b262b44aPost:1b9da8ae-539f-49e2-b723-937afa8b277c">Help, with best man and groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancE picked his best man and 3 months before the wedding he is thinking about kicking him out. They used to be best friends but then somethings changed. They started to talk more when my fiance asked him to be his best man <strong>and then after that they haven't talked</strong> and my fiance is thinking about kicking him out but isn't sure. How is the proper way of doing this? My fiance thought it might save their relationship but it hasn't. They don't even talk anymore.
    Posted by misskassie11[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess the question is.....WHY haven't they talked?  If he kicks him out he can pretty much kiss any chance of remaining friends goodbye.
  • Options
    I feel there is so much we don't know about this situation...
  • Options
    You don't kick someone out of a wedding unless you are absolutely done with the friendship forever. If your fiance is ready for that, and decides to permanently end the friendship, he should not replace the best man. Don't promote anyone. Don't ask another person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards