Wedding Etiquette Forum

Curvy girls, where do you buy jeans?

I've got hips and thighs, but a smaller waist.  I'm short, so somewhere you can buy different inseams is preferable.  I'm cheap, so I don't like spending more than $50, but I'll spend up to $75 if the quality is really, really good and I really, really have to.

I've worn GAP curvy ankle length jeans for years, but lately they've been cutting them lower (crack is whack, yo) and the quality is really declining for the price.  $60 jeans that stretch out in an hour and have holes in 6 months?  No thanks.

So where can I buy good curvy girl jeans, that don't gap in the back, cover my crack, don't cost 17 billion dollars, don't stretch out and give me saggy butt, and don't extend 3 feet past my feet?

This is P&R in a few, but I'll check back on my phone later.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Curvy girls, where do you buy jeans?

• I did really well at Old Navy around thanksgiving. 
  • My most favorite pair of jeans is from Jones of NY.  They fit so perfect, they never stretch out, they never show crack, they fit my super big bottom AND my waist. 
  • New York & Company has great jeans.  I'm a size 6 but fairly curvy at that and I've always been really comfortable in their jeans.  The highest price is $50, but they constantly have specials and deals.  I would sign up for their emails because they have lots of great deals - usually close to half off.  

Also, not sure what height your are, but I'm 5'4" and I find that the regular jeans are the perfect length for me.  I can usually wear them with tennis shoes or heels, so they work with everything.  The only downside I would say is that sometimes their stock is a little low - they have a lot of washes and styles, but sometimes they don't have the right size.
  • Target's Fit 4, the Curvy fit.  Their jeans are like $25 (I buy Mossimo bootcuts) and I get ridiculous compliments in them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_curvy-girls-where-do-you-buy-jeans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:458518c3-6f84-4a74-97ec-8678c7c17ec1Post:a601b2d1-62e2-4518-9954-61fafd803454">Re:Curvy girls, where do you buy jeans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine with a similar build swears by The Buckle. They're pricier, but the price includes alterations for a "perfect fit", and she still has jeans from there she bought 5 years ago. However, it depends on how well the one in your area does alterations. Ours uses junior and senior Fashions Apparel majors from the University for their alterations, so they're really good. I know other people have had less than stellar results though.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Lucky's and Big Star jeans I have from Buckle cost <em>way</em> more than she wants to spend (more in the $90-110 range) but I've genuinely had them for more than 6 years and they look almost as good as the day I bought them.
    Lizzie
  • I've had good luck with NY&C.  Also, I went to Express recently and found a few really cute pairs.
  • ON is hit or miss for me--some cuts that fit great last year and cut weirdly this year (I would think it was me, but all of the reviewers online are saying the same), but they're work a look since they can be so cheap.

I love Loft and everything is 50% off today from 12-7 (only in stores, though).

Definitely make sure you get something with a little stretch in it--that will cut down on the bagging out.
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Have you tried the Levi's Bold Curve style? I've really liked them in the past, and I love Levis in general because they don't bust through as fast as some other jeans (thigh rub= jean distruction)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_curvy-girls-where-do-you-buy-jeans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:458518c3-6f84-4a74-97ec-8678c7c17ec1Post:4c7e5494-da34-4137-a2d4-9db0d355abd2">Re:Curvy girls, where do you buy jeans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Curvy girls, where do you buy jeans? : Yeah, the Lucky's and Big Star jeans I have from Buckle cost way more than she wants to spend (more in the $90-110 range) but I've genuinely had them for more than 6 years and they look almost as good as the day I bought them.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

I third the buckle, some of their styles are more than you wanted to spend but I think they are the most flattering pair that I've found by far. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sonoma jeans at Kohls.

They're the only ones that always fit right.  Plus, I don't have to cuff them at all (which is a rarity)
  • I hate old navy jeans, ha. I recently discovered nyco and really like their tops, so I'll try their jeans. I don't think we have a buckle or loft but I'll keep them in mind next time I'm somewhere that does. Thanks guys!

• Silver jeans or American Eagle (I'm curvy AND short - FML!)
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    The artist jeans from AE are a GODSEND. I'm very curvy too and thse jeans NEVER fail to fit me. Plus they have a slight stretch so they're very comfortable too but they don't stretch to the point of not fitting either.
  • American eagle. i have a booty and not so much of a waist, they stretch just perfect and I always pay about $30!
    Anniversary
  • I'm interested in the answers here.

I love the fit of Gap Curvy, but their jeans aren't good quality.  I wash them in cold water and hang dry, and they still fall apart too soon.  I do love the Gap Curvy dress pants - I have two pair that I wear to work all the time, and they have held up much better than the jeans.

I recently bought some Levis that I really like.  I don't remember the name/fit, though.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Ae jeans gap at the back and slip down my hips, which sucks because I otherwise like them. Snippet, 5'6 is not short! I'm 5'2.

• edited July 2012
    Have you tried another style at GAP? It seems completely counterintuitive but the Long & Lean jeans fit my bottom better than the curvy.

ETA: That doesn't really help your quality issue. Duhr.
  • I second Loft jeans. Totally vanity sizing, but even beyond that, they fit amazing.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Hm, well, I've had god luck recently at Banana Republic. But I only buy their jeans on sale because they are otherwise too expensive.  I also used to buy a lot of Silvers and those suckers last forever.  I have a pair from-- no lie-- 10 years ago. 
  • Ditto NY&Co. You sound like you're built like me (but by your pics, you're skinnier) and NY&Co is one of the few places I can find pants or jeans that fit. Their short length (I think they call them petite) is the perfect length for me to wear with not-super-tall heels.

FWIW, when I shop for pants, since I have such a hard time finding ones that fit at the waist/thighs, I just look for that and assume that I'll have to get them hemmed. Then if I get lucky and find them short enough, bonus!
  • I like Maurice's jeans.  They have a lot of lengths and waist sizes.  Various fits.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Tractor Supply's in house brand - Schmidt Work Wear. They last forever, are heavy denim, and they are cheap. And, they don't gap at the back on me.

Levi Curvy Cuts rock, NYDJ are wonderful (but pricey), Cold Water Creek jeans rock, and Lee's Riveted Curvy Cut are great.

I'm 5'3, but have a lot of leg and generally wear 33 - 36" inseams.
  • I'm curvy, but not short...I swear by Silver jeans (Maurice's sells them) or Vigoss. I also agree that Buckle is A-MAZING for jeans.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you have a Nordstrom Rack, check out the NYDJ - not your daughter's jeans. They are a lot bigger in the butt. They are pretty high waist but the nice thing is that they hold my pudge in. The two pair I have were purchased at the Rack and were probably $50ish.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll 5th the buckle. And you can score some on the 75 range If you check out the clearance table.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
  • Express Rerock jeans are my favorite right now. You can wear them a few times before washing them without them bagging out and they are super cute. They are more expensive then you were hoping for, but they are totally worth the extra cost. Right now they are buy 1 get 1 for $29.90, so for jeans that are usually $100+, you'll get them for around $68 each. I usually wear Seven's and Hudson Jeans, but these fit just as good and make me feel just as good too. They also come in short, regular and long. 
    SFApril2012108-3
  • NY & Co and also Maurices has a ton of different 'fits'. I can't remember the name of the one I usually get off hand. But they are reasonably priced as well. 
  • I am also short and curvy on the bottom and I love Express Jeans. Several of their styles you can get for between $50 and $75 (under $50 may not happen, unless a sale is going on.)They also have "short" length ones. I'm 5'3 and do find that after a few washes their shorts end up being a tiny bit too short for my liking, so I get regulars and have them tailored, but at 5'2, you may fit in the short length perfectly.

I also have the exact same issues that you mention for both Gap and AE jeans. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards