Colors/Theme:
Venue:
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less:
Favorite part of planning:
Most-anticipated part of the day:

Why november:

One thing you aren't looking forward to:

1 think we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards:

Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: Official Introduction thread

• Laurabel13Laurabel13 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Town/State of Wedding Location: Clifton, NJ

Wedding Date: 11/09/2013

Colors/Theme: Red wine, Browns, Orange, Yellow/Fall

Venue: The Bethwood - Booked for us by my parents as a Christmas present!

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A late afternoon Russian Orthodox wedding with apples, acorns, cranberries and leaves - surrounded by our closest family and friends.

Favorite part of planning: Realizing that my fiance and I want the same things in the wedding and in life - and having my Mom as my planner, believe it or not.

Most-anticipated part of the day: Seeing my fiance's face as I walk down the isle.

Why november: Many reasons.  For one, Fall is my favorite season.  Winter is too cold/too big a chance of snow.  I'm allergic to Spring, and Summer is just too hot.  Plus we want to go to Disney World for our Honeymoon - the climate in central FL is temperate at that time of year!

One thing you aren't looking forward to: Watching my bank account starve.

1 thing we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards:  I was a complete Tomboy until the age of 26 - about a year before I got engaged.  Perfect timing, I'd say! 
  • Town/State of Wedding Location: Buffalo, NY
    Wedding Date: 11/9/13
    Colors/Theme: Yellow & white (daisies!)
    Venue: The Millennium Hotel
    Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Day I get to marry my best friend, surrounded by friends.
    Favorite part of planning: Everything my FI and I do together.
    Most-anticipated part of the day: Looking forward to the intimacy of the rehearsal dinner, and the ceremony itself.

Why november: I love the Fall, and don't want to be too warm & humid.

One thing you aren't looking forward to: Hmmm. Trying to get any sleep the night before, from excitement!

1 thing we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards: My fiance and I were friends online for ten years before we even met. When we did, we fell in love and we've been together a year and a half now. It's wonderful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• Town/State of Wedding Location: Pontiac, MI
    Wedding Date: 11/2/2013
    Colors/Theme: Black & White
    Venue: The Lafayette Grande
    Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: I want it to look like it would if Gatsby held a masquerade, lol.
    Favorite part of planning: Reading blogs.
    Most-anticipated part of the day: The reception, partying with my nearest and dearest.

Why november: Off-season = cheaper!

One thing you aren't looking forward to: $$$

1 think we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards: I love my FMIL. ;)

• Town/State of Wedding Location: Long Island, NY
    Wedding Date: 11/01/13
    Colors/Theme: Grey, Dark Prpl, Orange/Modern Vintage, Romance
    Venue: Bridgeview Yacht Club
    Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A unique celebration to showcase who we are as people, why we are together, and how excited we are to become one big, happy family.
    Favorite part of planning: 
    Spending time with family 
    Having the first dance with my husband

Why november: We both love the fall.  I hate hot weddings.

One thing you aren't looking forward to: Any drama/Expenses

1 think we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards: I am one of the first out of my friends to get married.

• Town/State of Wedding Location: Naperville, IL
    Wedding Date: sometime in Nov. 2013 (we're not sure exact date yet)
    Colors/Theme: New Orleans, French Quarter (we were engaged there), dark purple, green, cream
    Venue: not sure yet
    Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A fun celebration!
    Favorite part of planning: Seeing our families get so excited about the wedding
    Most-anticipated part of the day: there's so many...overall, being married to my best friend at the end of the day

Why november:love fall!

One thing you aren't looking forward to: the money

1 think we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards: I'm crafty (or I think I am....)

• Hello! 

Town/State of Wedding Location: Houston, TX
    Wedding Date: 11.09.2013!
    Colors/Theme: 
    Haven't decided yet -- blue with some other color, but I vary between green and orange and pink and yellow and . . . . 

Venue: Haven't found this either! Ceremony will probably be in a Catholic church and reception somewhere nearby (indoors).

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Classic with a relaxed, fun feel, and also dancing.

Favorite part of planning:  I'm a big fan of planning spreadsheets. Looking forward to actually picking things!
    The exit, when it's just the two of us and we can finally say "WE PULLED IT OFF!!" :) And of course, seeing his face for the first time in my dress. 

Why November:  Climate will be better - since we're getting married in Houston, I was afraid a summer wedding would be pretty unbearable. Also, FI and I are both starting new jobs this October so I wanted us to have time to work before we asked for a bunch of days off.

One thing you aren't looking forward to: Having to tell anyone "no"? Also my parents are paying for most of the wedding (which is great) but I'm really afraid they won't set a budget, and then I'll fall in love with something we can't afford. I need to get them on that!

1 think we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards - Honestly the first thing that came to mind was "I have brown eyes!" so I guess I'll go with that!

:) Looking forward to the board growing as the date gets closer!

• <div>Santa Cruz,Ca</div><div>November 2nd 2013</div><div>Colors- Chocolate brown, burnt orange</div><div>Theme- nature, rustic, wood and candles and burlap and wheat...lots of fun</div><div>Venue- nature</div><div>Planning I love finding the pieces that just FIT!</div><div>I cry so so much at weddings So I hope I can hold it together</div><div>One thing is everyone starring I hope I dont trip !</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_official-introduction-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:a5a02171-e76c-4033-9cf4-b615635ac4aaPost:79dcad4e-daf6-44b6-812d-1954bb8ed59e">Official Introduction thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Town/State of Wedding Location: Wedding Date: Colors/Theme: Venue: Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Favorite part of planning: Most-anticipated part of the day: Why november: One thing you aren't looking forward to: 1 think we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards:
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]
  • BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012

Town/State of Wedding Location: Pittsburgh, PA 
    Wedding Date: 11.9.2013
    Colors: Blueberry, Blush, Peach, Cream

Theme: Elegant
    Venue: A local University chapel and ballroom on campus 
    Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A joyous celebration of our love with our extended family and friends.
    Favorite part of planning: Being able to spend more quality time with FI 
    Most-anticipated part of the day: Our first look before the ceremony 

Why November: I have always wanted a fall wedding. November was the only fall month that had openings at our venue for 2013! 

One thing you aren't looking forward to: thank you notes?

1 think we wouldn't know about you posting on the boards: I am in my 4th year of med school! I can not wait to graduate! :D

• Nov 30, 2013. Lake Lanier islands Pumpkin orange and sage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards