Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids being snarky to one another

I have 9 woman walking down the aisle for me.  FI's 2 sisters, my two cousins, 4 great lifelong friends and a girl, let me call her J, who has been a great friend and actually set me and FI up. J and I aren't as close as the other girls, but I enjoy her and because of her I'm very happy- she expressed a dire interest in being a BM so I asked her to be.

Fast forward to now.  The life long friends, my cousins and one of the sister have planned a destination bachelorette party for me with the promise of doing something larger, cheaper and local when we get back.  I wasnt on any of the emails between them, but all my friends and the sister have said how rude J has been about expressing her disinterest in flying to a destination- complaints about cost and privacy and so on.  That is completely fine, everyone should spend their money in their own way- I just wish she would be nicer to the other girls when she's expressing herself.

She was unneccesarily rude and snarky, the others said they were dreading her response.  The only thing is J hasn't said a peep to me about it and I really think she doesn't realize how much she is allienating herself from the group by doing so.  I was honestly embarassed for her when I read one of the emails, because it was so unnecessarily rude.
I would love to just nicely remind her that she will be seeing these people at my events so it would be nice if she didnt create tension.

Can I say anything to her?

Re: Bridesmaids being snarky to one another

• Stay out of it.  I'm assuming all these women are adults and can politely stand up for themselves.  By you getting in the middle will cause even more uneccessary drama.

• In Response to Re:Bridesmaids being snarky to one another:[QUOTE]Stay out of it.nbsp; I'm assuming all these women are adults and can politely stand up for themselves.nbsp; By you getting in the middle will cause even more uneccessary drama. Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

This times a million.

Also, since you aren't involved at all, and J hasn't said anything, you really are only getting one side of the story. You don't really even know that J has actually been rude. It will be much better all around to let the people actually involved sort this out amongst themselves.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Stay out of it.

• Stay out of it. She doesn't have to be bff's with these other women. They shouldn't have showed you any emails in the first place.
  • OK thanks guys, you're right! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards