Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Monday

Morning!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Weekend went well for me in terms of food and working out, though I went a bit over with some chips and guac last night (thankfully, the scale didn't punish me for it today!)  We've started phase three of p90x, but stopped doing doubles for now.  I have my final fitting on Friday, so I need to be sure just to tone after that, but if I still have a little wiggle room after the fitting, I will return to doubles and get off those last few lbs before the big day.

How was everyone's weekend?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Monday

• hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Morning :)

Lobster -- congrats on your final fitting! You are so close thats awesome! AND for being so far in p90x! I see the commercials and wow!

Mine weekend went fairly well.  Ate 3x but tried to get healthy things, cut portions in half before eating and my sides were cups of fruit.  Also cut down sugars by having water w/ lemon.  All in all I think I was only over my cals by a little and NO SNACKING!

Today I am super anxious.  I go back to work after having 6 wks off for summer break (while trying to find a new job).  So wish me luck, pray for me or anything lol I love my kids I work with but the politics of my job and the uncertainty of the people in charge (they do what they want with no rhym or reason) puts my stomach in knots constantly.

Hope you all had great weekends and have great days ahead of you!
  • Weekend was not good for me. Friday night my mom called, my grandma had a massive stroke and has been in the hospital since. They are just making her comfortable at this point and hopefully moving her to a hospice room today. My family is all in NY so times like these are really tough not being there. I didn't track food over the weekend or eat my normal foods but my choices weren't the worst ever. I didn't bother with the scale this morning. We did a 10 station workout this morning for full body then a 2 mile run. Final results from the challenge come in tonight.
  • Weekend was good to me. I'm finally coming out of the rest phase from the week before. Saturday I spent 2 hours on  a bike in the rain! YUCK! However cancer victims dont get a choice and fight  through much worse. After my ride FI and I went to a vineyard to enjoy a glass of wine and our friend's band play.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I'm so sorry about your grandma, zero, I hope you and your family are doing okay.
    Anniversary
  • First time participating in these....my weeked was overall pretty good. I've been very strictly counting calories but did not yesterday. We had homecoming at Church and had food afterwards so I did go over my calories with that I'm sure. One day doesn't kill a diet plan though! I still did my walking. Saturday I did my first Zumba dvd with some girls at work. It was fun but boy was I tired of moving the last 10 minutes! I need to start something else other than just walking daily. I would like to tone my arms a bit before the big day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good morning everyone

This weekend had a lot of ups and downs. I was travelling so I was worried my eating would be out of control and that I wouldn't get any exercise. Eating ended up staying pretty in check, even though we went out to eat for every meal, and I actually DID end up getting to go to a gym on Saturday (Planet Fitness - never been there, actually liked it) with my older sister who was also in town for the weekend.

Good news: My younger sister had her baby this weekend!!!!!!!!! I have a brand new niece and I'm just exstatic she was so well timed (I was already in town for my hair trial and a dress fitting). So adorable, can't wait to go home for my shower to see her again.

Bad news: At my dress fitting I had to try to hold it together because the dress fits SO POORLY. I have huge hips, so I had to order my dress to fit my hips...but the bodice area is still SO BIG. I feel like a freakin' kid playing dress up. It was only my first fitting, so I'm really really trying not to freak out because I know the seamstress will probably be able to fix it, but it made me want to cry seeing just how poorly it fit (and...the seamstress also said I should have ordered one more size down, but that is my fault for losing weight since I ordered)

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!
  • edited July 2012
    Zero - I am so, so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Thinking of you and your family.

I successfully completed the 5k! My time was 27:15, which is faster than I've ever done a 5k. There were a ton of hills too that I was not anticipating at all. So I am proud of myself for that. After the 5k on Saturday I was feeling so good FI and I went to the gym and lifted arms and shoulders. Sunday I didn't do any cardio but I went to the gym and lifted, abs and back. It was my birthday weekend so my eating was not so good. Too many drinks and desserts. Back on track this week!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited July 2012
    Zero- I"m so so sorry to hear about your Grandma. My thoughts are with you and your family and I hope you get to be home with her soon!

Mari- Congrats on the 5k success!! You should be so insanely proud of yourself, and then to go to the gym afterwards? Props to you girl!

My weekend was ok, I walked/ran with the pup again after taking a bit off from that due to the heat and horseflies. My legs are def feeling it today. Swimming was good too, just a different workout on the legs than running. Eating was so-so, no gain so thats good but I need to figure out how to keep the weekend from killing all the hardwork I've done all week.

Today I am going shopping for my bachelorette weekend this coming week, so I may swim if its not raining or today will just be a rest day. Tonight is baked stuffed zuccini for dinner, yum!!
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, Zero.  :(

I did okay eating wise this weekend, minus the delicious soul food I indulged in yesterday.  At least I kept it healthy the rest of the day.

I'm doing at-home exercises today.  Not sure what I'm making for dinner since FI and I have a meeting to go to and then are doing a shelter meal.  I do have leftover grilled chicken and veggies, though, so I might eat that!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Zero,  sometimes it's MORE than okay to put exercise/food tracking on hold.  Life happens.  I hope you and your family are doing okay.  

Mari, that's awesome!  I want to do a 5k before the wedding and convince FI to do it with me.  We will see :)

This weekend I did pretty well eating wise.  I did break down and have some dairy and I felt the effects of that.  Even today I had lactose free yogurt and that still bothered me a bit.  So, back to no dairy!  I did a yoga video Friday, ran on Saturday, and went to the gym Sunday and did arms, and abs.  We will see what today brings and if my stomach allows me to do anything.
  • Zero - I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you.  I understand the feeling being so far away from family.  For the last 5 years I have lived about 2000 miles away from my family it is difficult at times. 

Mari- Congrats on the 5K!

This weekend wasn't the greatest food wise, ate out a bit more than we should have but we didnt' feel like cooking.  Got about a 4 mile hike in yesterday which was good.  

This morning I intended to get up and do a quick wii workout before getting on my flight however FI was sick so I had to call a cab to take me to the airport and make him some healthy juice.   This sounds awful but I am glad I am out of town for the next few days I can't be catching what he has.   Too close to the big week! 

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So sorry to hear about your Grandma, Zero. Sending you and your family love & prayers.

Awesome job on the 5K Maribeth! That's a great time!!!

The weekend was pretty good. Mom's birthday dinner was Friday night with the family, and ate less during the day so I could indulge at dinner, hehe! It was worth it. Not necessarily the best food choices over the weekend, but still stayed under calories. Going to reign it back in for the rest of the week!

Ran 5K last night as part of my 10K training plan. So far, so good!

Getting really excited for our vacation! We're going camping from the 28th to the 6th in the Okanagan.. super stoked! It's seriously the most beautiful place ever. I cannot wait! This whole week is basically a countdown to camping!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The weekend didn't go so well for me, per usual. I did 10 minute trainer on saturday morning (30 minutes worth) but then I got together with my college roommates for a mini reunion. I drank...a lot. As I do seem to do every weekend and ate pizza for dinner saturday night, breakfast sunday morning, and lunch on sunday (because i was hungover and it was sooooo good!). sigh. Drinking is the worst because it hurts you twice - calories from the booze and then the calories from all the crap you eat while drinking. I really wish my friends and I didn't always party like we're still in college! I would like to make an effort to drink only one day a week. We'll see how that goes...
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    zero-sorry about your grandma!
    Maribeth--awesome job! I am ultilizing the c25k app and am on week 3!

As far as for the weekend--I am doing weight watchers and go to a meeting every Saturday. I am down another 1.2lbs (totaling 9lbs weight loss overall!!!!) As for eating, we had a lot of family things going on. I was very conscious of what I was eating and made sure I tracked everything! We drove up to the zoo in RI this weekend, and did a lot of walking so I tracked some activity points on Sunday.

I am doing the c25k app, and started week 3 today. Hoping to continue with it. We are all registered for Warrior Dash in September in CT. I am nervous, and excited to have something that will me motivated.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mari- congrats on your awesome time! Congrats to all the runners and C25Kers ~ you guys are keeping me motivated!! Christine ~awesome job counting points! The weekends are sooooo hard! I usually always biff it on the weekends. I ran 2 miles today!!! Then came home to WW creamy Italian chicken in the crockpot. I love my crockpot.
    Visit The Knot! "Oh, thinkin' about all our younger years There was only you and me We were young and wild and free Now nothin' can take you away from me"
  • I am doing week 2 of c25K again.  It was really tough last week so I am doing it again.  It was much easier today.  I am so proud of myself for sticking with the exercising.  It's my third week since I started.  It's really hard because in the past 2 weeks I have only lost 1 lb.  I'm struggling with my diet mostly.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards