Wisconsin

Mini honeymoon ideas?

So...FI and I have decided to take a mini honeymoon instead of something big and expensive. We live near Janesville ...are getting married in madison. Does anyone have any neat options for somewhere we could go for a long weekend that would just take up to a few hours to drive to? Somewhere with some entertainment...yet a nice hotel too for our "intimate" time indoors... :
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mini honeymoon ideas?

• My friend did her honeymoon at The Sybrassp? in Mequon. Its kinda pricy but in most of the rooms it has private swimming pools. They went around Milwaukee to different museums and resturants. My parents would go to Galena Illinois for weekends away when I was younger. They have lots of BnBs to stay at and its near Dubuque IA.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • The first thought that came to my mind was Door County!  Many B&Bs, fall colors, parks for hiking, and quaint shops for browsing.  

Another spot to consider is Wisconsin Dells with all of the indoor waterparks and discounted rates on the off-season.  If you have only been there in summer, it has a completely different vibe on the off-season (I went in Nov once) and is much more laid back & quiet.  Plus, it also offers nearby hiking at Devil's Lake or Mirror Lake, and shopping as well.

Try looking at this website: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/wisconsin.html for additional ideas!
  • thanks guys!!!  I love ALL of these ideas so far.  Thanks so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did a minimoon up to Stillwater, Minnesota. It's a super cute town right on the river, with good restaurants, a winery, and some great B&Bs.
  • We hopped on the train in Milwaukee and went down to Chicago for 4 nights.  Got a great deal on a hotel on hotels.com for The Drake.  It was wonderful and we could walk to so many places - inlcuding a lot of great restaurants.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • You should try Lake Geneva they have a bunch of romantic options right on the water!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards