Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning!

2»

Re: Good morning!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:75145cdd-efbd-46b1-8b54-11665a822f5e">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will second AC's advice to take them with food. Amoro, the funny thing is that is pretty much a typical week for me, minus the senior project judging. Only 5 more weeks of school, yippee!!!
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

Jees woman! You need a personal assistant! Or weekly mani/pedis! :)  Those are just as good...
  • Aw :( Well at least he has a good home. I can not wrap my mind around hurting animals. It just boggles my mind why you would ever hurt an animal. 

My FI's mom was telling me about a co-worker's horse that was killed by kids joyriding. For some reason they shot the poor horse IN THE EYE and it took the horse hours to die. There has to be something wrong with someone to treat an animal like that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:d2789908-c7ca-458f-aa4b-f639d9e27427">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw :( Well at least he has a good home. I can not wrap my mind around hurting animals. It just boggles my mind why you would ever hurt an animal.  My FI's mom was telling me about a co-worker's horse that was killed by kids joyriding. For some reason they shot the poor horse IN THE EYE and it took the horse hours to die. There has to be something wrong with someone to treat an animal like that.
    Posted by mRosenberg[/QUOTE]

Stuff like that makes me wish that I knew Marcellus Wallace (from pulp fiction) in real life so I could get his thugs to "go medieval on their asses."
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:d2789908-c7ca-458f-aa4b-f639d9e27427">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw :( Well at least he has a good home. I can not wrap my mind around hurting animals. It just boggles my mind why you would ever hurt an animal.  My FI's mom was telling me about a co-worker's <strong>horse that was killed by kids joyriding. For some reason they shot the poor horse IN THE EYE and it took the horse hours to die. There has to be something wrong with someone to treat an animal like that.</strong>
    I could have done without hearing this story.
  • Morning ladies!

Alexia - sorry about your headache and the cold!
    Amoro - ditto the others about taking the vitamins on a very full stomach, anything other than that makes me dry heave, it's awful.
    Sara - you're a champ, I never get that much stuff done!

I'm having lunch with my dad today and I think it's about time to break the news that my mom is walking me down the aisle.  I'm hoping to deflect by then asking him what song he wants for the father/daughter dance.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:c61d06d2-71c8-42f1-9925-01197f4c5137">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : I could have done without hearing this story.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Well in a good (?) turn of events the kids that did it were charged with numerous offenses.</div><div>
    </div><div>Not that it matters but one of the kids in the car also was driving the car that paralyzed my mom's best friend so I guess I might be a bit biased.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:97862a24-8564-4ce2-b445-50c6aba8eb15">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Alexia - sorry about your headache and the cold! Amoro - ditto the others about taking the vitamins on a very full stomach, anything other than that makes me dry heave, it's awful. Sara - you're a champ, I never get that much stuff done!<strong> I'm having lunch with my dad today and I think it's about time to break the news that my mom is walking me down the aisle.  I'm hoping to deflect by then asking him what song he wants for the father/daughter dance.</strong>
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Good luck! I hope it goes well!
  • I am just a beam of sunshine this morning aren't I?
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:5d53e418-67a7-4377-a385-cd005a7d5281">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : <strong> Well in a good (?) turn of events the kids that did it were charged with numerous offenses.</strong> Not that it matters but one of the kids in the car also was driving the car that paralyzed my mom's best friend so I guess I might be a bit biased.
    That does make it a little better. I think people who hurt animals should be charged as severely as if they did it to a child or something. I just hate animal abuse.
  • Good morning. My weekend was short and busy. I was able a couple of my close friends from college whom I had been missing a lot recently, went to a birthday thing for a friend, spent time with some other friends and yesterday DH and I wandered around Best Buy for entirely too long because we eventually were saying "Oh! I want that!" to way too many items.

In other news, I think that I have possibly convinced DH that Macs are pretty badass computers, so maybe one day down the road I will finally be able to get one.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:efcd69d7-b032-4178-8e2a-11b1bd35bd21">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. My weekend was short and busy. I was able a couple of my close friends from college whom I had been missing a lot recently, went to a birthday thing for a friend, spent time with some other friends and yesterday DH and I wandered around Best Buy for entirely too long because we eventually were saying "Oh! I want that!" to way too many items. In other news, <strong>I think that I have possibly convinced DH that Macs are pretty badass computers, so maybe one day down the road I will finally be able to get one.</strong>
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]
    YESSSSS!!!! *fist pump*
  • It was a victorious moment for me. I've been telling him for a long time that Macs are incredible machines, but he's the type of guy who if he's never tried something, he allegedly "doesn't like" it.

I know this is true about vegetables. I think he's only ever had lettuce, green beans and corn, and the only one he'll tolerate is corn. The others "taste like grass" and he says that about any other vegetables.

At least if I can't win him over to liking vegetables, at least I can win him over in technology.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:1d347ae6-ff92-426d-87a4-a2429c448ce7">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It was a victorious moment for me. I've been telling him for a long time that Macs are incredible machines, but he's the type of guy who if he's never tried something, he allegedly "doesn't like" it. I know this is true about vegetables. I think he's only ever had lettuce, green beans and corn, and the only one he'll tolerate is corn. The others "taste like grass" and he says that about any other vegetables.<strong> At least if I can't win him over to liking vegetables, at least I can win him over in technology.</strong>
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I love this logic.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:3e066135-52a2-46fe-9016-f8e702d25cbb">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : I love this logic.  :)
    Posted by AlexiaANDRobert[/QUOTE]

I like to be right, so I take what I can get. ;)
  • Morning! Amoro & aMrs - when's the big move?

Today I am cleaning the apartment and trying to find a place for everything. J's tools take up an entire closet (floor to ceiling) which doesn't leave much left for storage. And I'm tired of tripping over stupid crap that SHOULD be in that closet.

So, this weekend we're having a yard sale. I will also spend the week prepping for that.
  • Sco, we leave France May 28th, my stuff leaves the US April 30 and should arrive at the house sometime between June 30 and July 10.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good Morning! I'm sorry about your nasty headache, Alexia. Nebb, I hope you adjust quickly to your new work schedule! Everyone else, HIYA!

I'm half dead today. No, really. I think I took some serious years off my lifespan this weekend. I worked from 7pm Friday until 2am this morning, stopping only to nap and eat, to get my house ready for the realtor to come today and put it on the market. It looks like a brand new house, which is saying a lot for a 51 year old diamond that was in the rough! It feels like someone poured sand in my eyes. Ick.

Funny story about last night. I painted my floors and painted myself out into the hallway, thinking I could soak in the tub for a few minutes and then leap into bed from the door. I got out of the tub around 1:15, dried off, and looked around for my pjs. They were on my bed. So I had to turn off all the house lights, take a running leap from the hallway, and clear the painted floor to land in bed, NAKED. I got my pjs one and realized the fucking light was still on. The switch is at the door. I had to straddle the bed and dresser and pull some Twister move to reach the switch without falling on wet paint. Good times! I'm so glad no one was around to witness all that!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:d1722d10-ecdc-4794-a026-ea48eda385fe">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! I'm sorry about your nasty headache, Alexia. Nebb, I hope you adjust quickly to your new work schedule! Everyone else, HIYA! I'm half dead today. No, really. I think I took some serious years off my lifespan this weekend. I worked from 7pm Friday until 2am this morning, stopping only to nap and eat, to get my house ready for the realtor to come today and put it on the market. It looks like a brand new house, which is saying a lot for a 51 year old diamond that was in the rough! It feels like someone poured sand in my eyes. Ick. Funny story about last night. I painted my floors and painted myself out into the hallway, thinking I could soak in the tub for a few minutes and then leap into bed from the door. I got out of the tub around 1:15, dried off, and looked around for my pjs. They were on my bed. So I had to turn off all the house lights, take a running leap from the hallway, and clear the painted floor to land in bed, NAKED. I got my pjs one and realized the fucking light was still on. The switch is at the door. I had to straddle the bed and dresser and pull some Twister move to reach the switch without falling on wet paint. Good times! I'm so glad no one was around to witness all that!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Holy shiit, were the girls sleeping?  That's when my parents would've abused the "we brought you into this world, and you'll turn the damn light off for me" move.

High-five to getting the house done! YAAAAY!
  • That's awesome you got so much done, Bec. Whenever I'm under the gun I'm super-productive, and it makes me realize how naturally efficient people must feel all the time.
  • Yeah, it was almost 1:30am, so I couldn't wake either of them up! I picked a helluva a day to give up caffeine. I got to work and lasted about 10minutes before I poured a big cup of coffee to wake me up.  :)
  • Bec - I would have paid hard earned money to see that!  =-)

I ditto AC on the Flinstones.  GYN told me that if I couldn't tolerate prenatals, Flinstones were the way to go.   They don't bother me though.  I take mine right before bed.  Too much iron cause constipation.

Hi all!

I'm extending my weekend today.  We had nasty t-storms last night with tornado watches all night so I got practically no sleep on top of the fact that my stomach bothered me all night.  Sent sub plans to my team mate after my shower when i realized that my stomach wasn't going to be able to tolerate the kids today and went back to bed for 3 hours.  I see a lot of cat napping over the next several hours.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards