New Jersey - South

Quotes for Brigalia's

Hello Brides to Be, I am in the process of looking into different venues for my May 2014 wedding, and I was wondering what others are being quoted for their reception at Brigalia's. I want to set up an appt, but I'd like to have an idea of their pricing first. Thanks!

Re: Quotes for Brigalia's

• I could kick myself because I used to have their info. packet from when I met with someone there before we picked our venue, but I think I threw it away when I was de-cluttering. Anyway, if I remember correctly, their complete/super-duper/extravagant package came to like $107 per person <strong>including</strong> tax + service fee (I think). There were different (and less expensive) options though, depending on how elaborate of a cocktail hour you're looking for, a Friday-vs-Saturday-vs-Sunday event, etc...I can't remember them all.

I know some others on these boards have had their weddings at Brigalias so maybe they can chime in. Hopefully I'm not giving you false information. Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_quotes-for-brigalias?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:e0bd0d77-ab36-4607-9a40-dd9603bc6507Post:7cb6f21e-9bbb-421a-9144-d1d4e9717590">Quotes for Brigalia's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Brides to Be, I am in the process of looking into different venues for my May 2014 wedding, and I was wondering what others are being quoted for their reception at Brigalia's. I want to set up an appt, but I'd like to have an idea of their pricing first. Thanks!
    Posted by melissamalicea[/QUOTE]
  • PP is right.  The full package is about $107 pp all inclusive.  We got the middle package and paid $96 pp in March 2012.  So the 2014 prices may go up a bit.  The good thing about Brigalias is that you get so much with it.  There is no price difference between buffet or sit down.  Your cake is included.  They have centerpieces available to use.  They have beautiful grounds for pictures and a ceremony if your not being married in a church.  The venue itself is gorgeous!  The food is outstanding as well!  The customer service was great from start to finish.

When we did our table rounds, I couldn't even tell you how many people told us they couldn't believe all the food at cocktail hour (and we got the middle package!).  I stil get told by my family how great the cocktail hour and dinner food was as well.  Because as much planning as you do for your wedding down to the smallest detail, your guests will only remember the food!

I can't recommend Brigalias enough!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_quotes-for-brigalias?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:e0bd0d77-ab36-4607-9a40-dd9603bc6507Post:7cb6f21e-9bbb-421a-9144-d1d4e9717590">Quotes for Brigalia's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Brides to Be, I am in the process of looking into different venues for my May 2014 wedding, and I was wondering what others are being quoted for their reception at Brigalia's. I want to set up an appt, but I'd like to have an idea of their pricing first. Thanks!

<div>I was actually just at Brigalias a couple weeks ago. LOVED it! prices are VERY reasonable for everything that have to offer!</div>
  • Thanks girls! I just booked my tour for Sunday, I'm so excited. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_quotes-for-brigalias?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:e0bd0d77-ab36-4607-9a40-dd9603bc6507Post:efff0554-b61c-4d1c-b708-0fa1d44c058d">Re: Quotes for Brigalia's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls! I just booked my tour for Sunday, I'm so excited. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it!

have fun! the woman i met with when i had visited (barb i think, but i could be wrong) was really nice. there are definitely lots of pretty areas for photos outside. you'll see for yourself :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_quotes-for-brigalias?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:e0bd0d77-ab36-4607-9a40-dd9603bc6507Post:7cb6f21e-9bbb-421a-9144-d1d4e9717590">Quotes for Brigalia's</a>:
    Posted by melissamalicea[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We went to Brigalia's, but Lucien's Manor offered us SO much more for $75 a person for our April wedding. We're having 25 hors d'ourves at cocktail hour in addition to 3 stations! Brigalia's took most of our cocktail hour away with the middle package. Brigalia's had a gorgeous outside area, but the room they wanted to put us in reminded me of my grandma's house. We said we wanted Brigalia's outdoor area with Lucien's reception room, but nothing's perfect lol

</div>
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does anyone know what's included in the lower packages? Do they still include open bar in that price? I called them the other day but they would only give me a range or prices and said I would have to come in for anything else.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_quotes-for-brigalias?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:e0bd0d77-ab36-4607-9a40-dd9603bc6507Post:68085178-0c0d-4314-8be3-d85e32d0eb09">Re: Quotes for Brigalia's</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Quotes for Brigalia's : We went to Brigalia's, but Lucien's Manor offered us SO much more for $75 a person for our April wedding. We're having 25 hors d'ourves at cocktail hour in addition to 3 stations! Brigalia's took most of our cocktail hour away with the middle package. Brigalia's had a gorgeous outside area, but the room they wanted to put us in reminded me of my grandma's house. We said we wanted Brigalia's outdoor area with Lucien's reception room, but nothing's perfect lol
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

Ally, you're only paying $75/pp at Lucien's?? Is that a basic package or is that what the norm for their packages? For some reason, I kept thinking Lucien's would be expensive.  Maybe I'll have to check them out as well!
  • Brigalia's is beautiful, Lucien's in beautiful! Lucien's is cheaper and you can get the same amount of everything for a much cheaper cost. I sometimes feel like with Brigalia's you're paying for their landscaping!
  • In Response to Re:Quotes for Brigalia's:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quotes for Brigalia's:In Response to Quotes for Brigalia's : We went to Brigalia's, but Lucien's Manor offered us SO much more for 75 a person for our April wedding. We're having 25 hors d'ourves at cocktail hour in addition to 3 stations! Brigalia's took most of our cocktail hour away with the middle package. Brigalia's had a gorgeous outside area, but the room they wanted to put us in reminded me of my grandma's house. We said we wanted Brigalia's outdoor area with Lucien's reception room, but nothing's perfect lolPosted by allychaseAlly, you're only paying 75/pp at Lucien's?? Is that a basic package or is that what the norm for their packages? For some reason, I kept thinking Lucien's would be expensive.nbsp; Maybe I'll have to check them out as well! Posted by melissamalicea[/QUOTE]

Sorry for such a late response! And our package was the entire menu they handed to us, whereas brigalias handed us a menu and picked and chose for each option. They said it's an off month so it's cheaper. May is 85 pp and June is even higher at 95. March is 65 though. I spoke with Dee and she worked it out for us. Believe me, we though Lucien's was the long shot! We were so surprised with the final number. And it's literally unlimited food! I'm so beyond excited. If you have less than 250 guests I'd go with the Versailles ballroom, it's so pretty !
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• I have to warn you my BM went to her friends october wedding at Lucien's and said that there was like NOTHING at cocktail hour, they had to cut everything to be able to afford that high peak month on a Saturday night, so with them it really depends on the month you get married

• edited August 2012
    I'll try asking one more time in case anyone remembers, does anyone know what's included with brigalias lowest package? And as far as the girls who were mentioning the hors doeurves at Luciens, I went to a wedding there in July and everyone seemed to be going for the stationary dishes, which were delicious, rather than the butlered ones, so I wouldn't be too concerned if that's what's getting cut out of your package to make it more affordable :
  • I just pulled out the paperwork that I got from them last weekend. Their lowest package is for Sunday only. It's buffet only, choice of 5 Hors d'Oeuvres, Tuscano Table, and limited desserts. And everything is in 1 room, instead of having a separate cocktail/dessert room. The package above that is for Friday or Sunday only and it is the same as the lowest package, except you can choose sit down or buffet, and you have limited access to the separate room. Hope this helps!
  • Thanks sooo much! Does it say how much it is per person? We were considering a Sunday or Friday anyway to keep the costs down, although I definitely don't like the idea of having the cocktail hour in the same room.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_quotes-for-brigalias?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:e0bd0d77-ab36-4607-9a40-dd9603bc6507Post:68085178-0c0d-4314-8be3-d85e32d0eb09">Re: Quotes for Brigalia's</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Quotes for Brigalia's : We went to Brigalia's, but Lucien's Manor offered us SO much more for $75 a person for our April wedding. We're having 25 hors d'ourves at cocktail hour in addition to 3 stations! Brigalia's took most of our cocktail hour away with the middle package. Brigalia's had a gorgeous outside area, but the room they wanted to put us in reminded me of my grandma's house. We said we wanted Brigalia's outdoor area with Lucien's reception room, but nothing's perfect lol
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

<div>WOW!  I can't believe Lucien's is that cheap... I'm totally going to have to check them out, I thought they would be way out of my budget as I've heard they could be more than $125 pp.  Did you negotiate much to get to those prices??</div>
  • I'm visiting Brigalia's on the 11th and Lucien's on the 18th...you ladies are great with different info for both! 
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm recently engaged and have been doing a ton of research on these boards. I feel like every time I open up a thread to look into venues I see OliveOilsMom and allychase fighting over Brigalia's vs Lucien's. "I got so much food at Brigalia's" "Well, I got so much more food at a better price at Lucien's". Girls, I'll give you both a cookie right now. It seems like you both did very well, and I'm personally interested in checking out both venues. Now, let's get over the one-up manship. :-)
  • I'm recently engaged and have been doing a ton of research on these boards. I feel like every time I open up a thread to look into venues I see OliveOilsMom and allychase fighting over Brigalia's vs Lucien's. "I got so much food at Brigalia's" "Well, I got so much more food at a better price at Lucien's". Girls, I'll give you both a cookie right now. It seems like you both did very well, and I'm personally interested in checking out both venues. Now, let's get over the one-up manship. :-)

Thanks for the tip, mom.  Can you please tell me how I should be posting on a public message board again?  I think its safe to say that both Ally and I loved our wedding venues and are interested in letting other SJ brides know. 
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I wound up choosing Brigalia's over Luciens because of the "personal" feel at Brigalia's.   The coordinator there sat with us for about an hour going over any questions we might have, explaining what is/isn't included, etc.

When we went to visit Lucien's, we were left sitting in their lobby area for at minimum 30 minutes while the gentleman we were supposed to meet with attended a "meeting".  Then he showed us around, took us into a conference room and wrote out pricing, etc.

Very "business" like.  I didn't want to be just another 'bride' so I went with the more personal experience at Brigalia's.

both venues are stunning.  Although I found the sound of the waterfall at Lucien's to be annoying and I didn't like that an indoor ceremony would be held in their basement...whereas Brigalia's is building a chapel that will be available in November and is an entirely separate building.

Hope this helps! 
  • OliveOilsMom: LOL. I'm just pointing out an observation. I personally LOVE reading both of your reviews. They've totally helped me. I just thought it was worth noting that it's a pretty consistent thing on the South Jersey boards.
  • I couldn't agree with you more. Although I've been to quite a few weddings at Lucien's and they were great, when I went to check it out for my own wedding I felt almost like the manager couldn't be bothered meeting with me. It's like he knows he's going to get the business even if it's not from me. Brigalia's definitely made it seem more personal and I loved that I didn't feel like I was dealing with a used car salesman. They had set prices for what you get already printed out- different people aren't receiving difference prices. I was disappointed after visiting Lucien's when I came home and looked up a board and other bride-to-be's were quoted lower than I was for the same months, same rooms, etc a week before I was quoted.
    I also recently discovered that Lucien's has new managers or something and that the service and food isn't what it used to be- although I'm sure it's still pretty good. I thought the food wasn't too good when they offered me some food to try- but I just thought it was because they were busy trying to get ready for the weddings later that day. I wasn't even going to factor that into my consideration, until I heard about the change- something you may want to consider when deciding on a venue.
  • How much was this lowest package at Brigalia's? Thanks
  • When I went to Brigalias initially, it was $77 pp.  It may have gone up a bit, since that was in 2011.
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yeah - I think the lower packages were in the $75-80/person range.  I can't remember exactly because we opted for the higher package there.

The owner of Brigalias also owns a 2nd venue that has lower packages...I think they are in the $50-60/person range. 

• 2014 prices INCLUDING tax and gratuity are:
    Top Package: 114 pp
    Middle: 101 pp limited cocktail hr and cuts out a few desserts but includes plenty. 
    Lowest: 95 pp Buffet and 1 room only... but pretty much the same as the middle and you can't choose this package for a Saturday night.  May only be Sunday, can't remember though. 

I thought they were VERY reasonably priced for all that's included.  Other places similar were these prices prior to adding tax and gratuity. They include the cake, centerpieces, top shelf liquor, lots of desserts, beautiful grounds to take pictures, and champagne.  Probably forgetting a few other things.  Definitely worth checking out.  Hope this helped you and future Bride to Be's :)
  • Hey, I know it's been awhile since you posted on here, but I'm trying to decide between doing the middle package and the top package at Brigalia's.  We were planning on doing the middle package but were concerned that there wouldn't be enough stationary food that people could just grab as they wanted.  Did you think that 5 butlered hors d'oeuvres and the tuscano table was enough?  Or did you add a station or 2?

Thanks!!
  • Hey, I know it's been awhile since you posted on here, but I'm trying to decide between doing the middle package and the top package at Brigalia's.  We were planning on doing the middle package but were concerned that there wouldn't be enough stationary food that people could just grab as they wanted.  Did you think that 5 butlered hors d'oeuvres and the tuscano table was enough?  Or did you add a station or 2?

Thanks!!
    We had the middle package for our wedding and many of our guests were full by the time they left cocktail hour!  When we did our table visits, everyone told us they couldn't believe how much food their was before they went in for the dinner.  The Tuscano table is more than just a table, it literally has food all over the room!  Honestly, I think the higher package would have been a slight waste of money because people wouldn't have eaten their dinners!
  • If I wanted to skip some things, will the price go down? And will that chapel be apart of the per person price? I'm looking to be married December 2014. The place is so beautiful.
  • stephwin1 said:
    If I wanted to skip some things, will the price go down? And will that chapel be apart of the per person price? I'm looking to be married December 2014. The place is so beautiful.
    When I got married, the chapel wasn't complete.  However, there was an extra $500 charge to have my ceremony at Brigalias.  This didn't matter to us as we had a church ceremony, but I do remember that was the charge a few years ago.

They also didn't seem to negotiate.  We married in March, during the offseason, and they did not give us any extra off their pricing when I asked.  I'm not sure if they would change their price if you skipped things, you would have to ask when you meet with them.
  • The chapel is supposed to be finished in October or November of this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing it because that is where we will be married.

The owner of Brigalias also owns a 2nd venue that has lower packages...I think they are in the $50-60/person range. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards