Oregon

My review of Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas

My review is based on the experience I had with their store manager, Aubrielle. If it had not been for my encounter with her, I would have rated them much higher. But, 6 months later her treatment of me still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

I had a great time with my consultant, Jennifer and was over the top thrilled when I found THE dress. The dress wasn't anything I thought I wanted, yet, it was PERFECT. Jennifer went over the order form with me and then told me to go up to the front to finish my order. That is when my whole experience at Bridal Exclusives changed from great to horrible!

When I got to the counter there was another woman there that I thought was their costumer service rep. This was my first time seeing her since she had not helped me when I came in and had not helped me in anyway while trying on dresses. She looked me up and down, looked at my order form and then told me there was no way that I was going to fit into the dress I was ordering. 

I couldn't believe my ears. Was this woman really telling me that I couldn't  order the size dress I had on in the store? It wasn't like I was trying to buy a smaller size.  It was the exact size that I had on in the store, except that I was ordering it 3 inches longer since I am taller than the average woman. The size dress that fit me. The size dress the bridal consultant who had helped me and had seen me in the dress said was the right size for me to order. 

I tired explaining this to her and she replied that I would have to lose 40 lbs in order to fit into that size. Again, I couldn't believe it. Why did I need to lose 40 lbs to fit into a dress that I already fit into? It didn't make any sense and it was very hurtful to hear. 

I kept trying to explain that the dress did fit me and was getting more and more upset at her telling me I had to order a size that would have been too big for me. I was so upset by this time, that I kept thinking I should walk out of the store and get my dress somewhere else.  The only reason I didn't is because I didn't think that would have been fair to my consultant who worked so hard at finding me the perfect dress. 
At this time my best friend and maid of honor, cut in and told the woman to order the dress in the size I wanted because I looked great in it. Finally the woman rolled her eyes and put the order in for the size I wanted. 

When the woman handed me my receipt, with a  smug look on her face, I saw she had put on it that the dress I ordered wasn't going to fit me and I would need to lose 40 lbs to fit into it. Really? Was that really called for? 

I looked up their website when I got home to find out who the woman was who helped me and was shocked to find out that she was the store manager.  How could someone with such horrible costumer service be the manager?

Even though this happened over 6 months ago, I held off on writing my review because I didn't trust that woman and wanted to make sure I had my dress safely in my own home before I did. I also will not be returning to have my alterations done there as a result of the horrible service I received by the manager.

Re: My review of Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas

• KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HATE that store. Everytime I go in there no one ever asks me if I need help when ever I go in there
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. They also gave me in correct directions to pick up my dress.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.  I feel like i've heard more good reviews than bad (including my own good review, but that was a long time ago and doesn't count anymore :-P ), but it's always good to know other people's experiences before makng a decision on such a high ticket purchase.
  • edited December 2011
    I used the Salem store (they are selling all of their samples RIGHT NOW, since they're moving to Clackamas) But didn't the Clackamas store open just this month?  If this was 6 months ago, maybe you went to the Tigard location??   

Salem was great.  The store was a little dirty / dissarayed, but I assumed that was because they were moving.  I bought my dress there, and I can't wait till they open in Clackamas so I can try on my dress closer to Portland.   Everyone I worked with there was amazing. 

• kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, it was the Clackamas store. It's been there for years. It's in the Clackamas Promenade; between Target and The Rack. I've never been to Tigard before.
  • shalynnpshalynnp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I went to the Salem store and they were absolutely wonderful. The consultant, Shelly, made the whole experience fantastic for me -- even when I called 2 months after I ordered the dress in a panic because I was having second thoughts about the dress! They let me come in and re-try on the dress I purchased and the dress that I was considering. I just got the call that my dress was in last week and I can't wait to head up to their new store and see it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sdrakkansdrakkan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ALMOST went in that store a few weeks ago and decided against it! Glad to hear some feedback from all of you. Still will be 4 months before I start seriously looking, but getting some stores crossed off the list is handy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image I'm in love with a nerd!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there, and while I loved my consultant (Kristen, I think her name was?) - I have since been irritated and having some remorse over using them. I wish I'd left, slept on it and then bought the same dress elsewhere.

P.S. - sdrakkan - you look familiar! I think we've talked puppies before ;)
  • edited December 2011
    she sounds wretched and bitter, im sorry I dont live in portland but I wouldn't go back there ever!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I am so sorry! I had a bad experience with them..and my best friend is going to them for her wedding dress..she knows how they were with me. So I think all who read these risk that they might not have a great experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards