Snarky Brides

Stupid things at work

Please tell me your embarrassing work stories to make me feel better about how stupid I feel.

I was just walking down the hallway after heating my lunch when the lid popped off of my Pyrex and food splattered the wall and an office door.  The WALL.  Who even does that? 

Of course it was right in front of the person here who hates me.  He let out this HUGE sigh when he saw it.  I just said "wow, I'm so glad that didn't get on anyone" and then cleaned it up as best I could with what's available here. 

So tell me about the stupid and embarrassing things that have happened to you at work.  I don't want to hear about falling down/up the stairs in school.  Work only. 

Re: Stupid things at work

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I regularly tell stories about adam and accidentally say the name of another guy in the office. I don't know how or why but it happens often.
  • At the office, Nebb? That could get awkward.
  • lol explosive lunch is no bueno.

When I used to work at the bank, I was in charge of re-ordering all inventory for our branch. I re-ordered styrofoam cups for our break room. But I didn't realize that one box carried 20 stacks of cups, about 5 ft high. So I ended up ordering 3 boxes....so 60 stacks of cups. TONS OF CUPS. Lol. Our branch was not big at all so I had to go around the branch trying to find every nook and cranny I could to hide the stacks until we needed them.
  • My boss once told us about this time she hooked up with a guy on a work trip. And he asked her to poop on him during sex.

I win?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stupid-things-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13b18ade-fa32-45d1-9318-4cd953b46526Post:e0b0dbd1-db30-4be6-b6f7-3a3fba70e5af">Re: Stupid things at work</a>:
    [QUOTE]My boss once told us about this time she hooked up with a guy on a work trip. And he asked her to poop on him during sex. I win?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're DQ'd.  That's your boss's ridiculous story, not yours :p

Although eww, who tells people that?
  • Oh Steph, that is not an image I wanted in my head!
  • Seriously though, I do/say stupid stuff at work all the time, especially lately.

We have a few duplicate names with coworkers, and I've gone a whole meeting SUPER confused because I was thinking we were talking about the wrong person.
  • Eww, Steph.

I was just talking and walking backwards to walk into the break room and I turned around and wasn't as far over as I thought and ran face first into the door frame. 
  • I once asked a female coworker if she was ever going to have her baby - she had, 2 days earlier.  She was stopping in to fill out some paperwork in HR. 
  • Oh. I've walked into a wall corner at work (the same one- it hasn't moved) about a dozen times in the last month. I blame my huge belly for throwing off my balance, or something.
  • I think it mostly bothered me because we're on site.  So this isn't even my own office's wall my lunch exploded on.  It's like when you're staying at someone's house and accidentally make a huge mess. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stupid-things-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13b18ade-fa32-45d1-9318-4cd953b46526Post:28e7fba6-3734-4c64-89de-82680d71ff0c">Re: Stupid things at work</a>:
    [QUOTE]I once asked a female coworker if she was ever going to have her baby - she had, 2 days earlier.  She was stopping in to fill out some paperwork in HR. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Umm, and was sitting down at the time, right? Right?  Yikes.
  • Why does the guy hate you, pirate? You aren't hate-worthy at all.

When I worked at the zoo, the animals constantly embarrassed me. Duke, our giraffe, pretty much knocked me out with a headbutt while I was talking to a group of people. The birds did drive-by poops on our foreheads. A goat one time butted me in the back of the knee and I went down. Animals are jerks.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:Stupid things at work:[QUOTE]At the office, Nebb? That could get awkward. Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]
    We are good friends and talk and hang out outside of work so people like to tease, I don't seem to help the situation much.
  • I bought a coworker a bouquet of small sunflowers last week and left them on the table in her office.  She came back to find them later, tipped over, on some paper reports.  Ugh, her office chair that people sit in when seeing her was SOAKED!
  • Ouch, Girlie.  At least it was only a few days before that?
  • I was shaking a salad one day to mix in the salad dressing and the cover popped open and sprayed veggies and Italian dressing all over the break room and myself.  That was fun.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Sesh, basically because he's ridiculous and I'm in a position to call him on it. ETA and do, frequently
  • Nope Pirate, she was walking into the lobby. 

Yours cracked me up Sesh. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stupid-things-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13b18ade-fa32-45d1-9318-4cd953b46526Post:752c5a4c-5e54-425f-b277-ca787d96524c">Re: Stupid things at work</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was shaking a salad one day to mix in the salad dressing and the cover popped open and sprayed veggies and Italian dressing all over the break room and myself.  That was fun.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

SEE. Lids are so unreliable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stupid-things-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:13b18ade-fa32-45d1-9318-4cd953b46526Post:f10b7722-e076-489e-91ad-33283a13988d">Re: Stupid things at work</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why does the guy hate you, pirate? You aren't hate-worthy at all. When I worked at the zoo, the animals constantly embarrassed me. Duke, our giraffe, pretty much knocked me out with a headbutt while I was talking to a group of people. The birds did drive-by poops on our foreheads. A goat one time butted me in the back of the knee and I went down. Animals are jerks.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://animalsbeingdicks.com/" rel="nofollow">http://animalsbeingdicks.com/</a>

I started choking while talking to a customer at my desk. On my own spit.  It was pretty long too before I could stop coughing enough to talk so he just had to sit there and wait.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited August 2012
    I routinely come close to mowing people over in our hallway.  Our office door is right at the corner so yeah, it happens frequently, lol.

First time I went live on air, I cried.  Like not during it but I definitely was freaking out before and once I was done I cried, everywhere.  And it sucked because I had to go on the air again like twenty minutes later, lol.

I also did a forecast with the hiccups - that was pretty recently.  Gah.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stupid-things-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:13b18ade-fa32-45d1-9318-4cd953b46526Post:ece3aa0b-3713-4c9d-97fb-ef382a503084">Re: Stupid things at work</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh. I've walked into a wall corner at work (the same one- it hasn't moved) about a dozen times in the last month.<strong> I blame my huge belly for throwing off my balance, or something.
    </strong>Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

It's totally this Steph - I was ridiculously clumsy when I was pregnant lol
  • A few weeks ago I sat in with a group beta testing some upgrages to our system. We had a bunch of test cases to run through and I needed to upload a document to attach to a funding request. I meant to just add some randome excel sheet or something, somehow clicked on the wrong file. I uploaded this
    The DBA for our system was reviewing all our test cases on the projector and pulled up my attachment with about 20 other people in the room. oops. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hahahhaha Dmill that is hilarious.
  • Oh dmills, I just actually LOL'd and had to explain that to my co-worker.  You win.  How terrible. 
  • AATB do you have your voice back today? What do you do when you're all croaky?
  • Dmill that is hilarious.  Did they say anything to you?

• dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    lol nope, everyone pretty much just laughed it off. Had my boss been in the room, it probably would have been bad. I have that saved because he regularly asks us to make changes or modify things for "s.h.i.t.s and giggles" just so he can play with the numbers. Anytime one of us in the group gets told that, everyone else will send that via instant messenger to the unlucky bastard who has to do the meaningless work. 

ETA: I seriously tried to post s.h.i.t.s with 95 i's and it still wouldn't let me post it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    schits

ETA:  This is my new way of spelling it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards