Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Open question to all recent engaged!!

How long were you guys dating before he popped the question? :

My fianc asked me on my birthday just a few days before New Years. We've been together for almost 2 years.

Congrats on all the engagements!

Re: Open question to all recent engaged!!

• Options
    Three years, one month to the day.

• Options
    He hasn't popped the question officially yet, but it wasn't love after we started dating that we realize we were what each other had been waiting for. We dated for about a month before we agreed to date exclusively, and that only lasted 3 weeks before he asked me to be his girlfriend. Just over two months later we were talking about getting married. He plan to propose soon, but doesn't want me to know exactly when. I'm sure it'll be sometime before April since that's when we plan to do our engagement photo session :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_open-question-to-all-recent-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:397aa41a-9653-4e11-96b8-4c74244a63faPost:526e3fef-ff4f-45cc-bc35-bc1b1e67a7e4">Re: Open question to all recent engaged!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm sure it'll be sometime before April since that's when we plan to do our engagement photo session :)
    Posted by msbldubu[/QUOTE]

Why have you already scheduled engagement photos if you aren't engaged yet? That just seems like putting the cart before the horse.

• Options
    FI and I dated for about 16 months before he proposed. We had known each other for about a year before we started dating though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_open-question-to-all-recent-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:397aa41a-9653-4e11-96b8-4c74244a63faPost:bf8cfdac-112a-42ea-bb32-31fe2de52e4a">Open question to all recent engaged!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long were you guys dating before be popped the question? : Congrats on all the engagements!
    Posted by addieth4[/QUOTE]

<div>We were dating for 2 years before he proposed but we knew long before that that we wanted to get married. He brought it up after we'd only been dating for four months!</div>
  • Options
    Almost 5 years!!!
  • Options
    we dated for 2 years, knew eachother for 10 previous to that.
    he just proposed on New Years Smile
  • Options

Have known eachother for 16 years
    Dated for 8 before he popped the question!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were dating for almost a year before he proposed, but we had been best friends and in love with each other for the past 7 or 8 years. :]

Congrats to everyone who got engaged! :D
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!

We date for 2 years and 3 months.  We live together since the 3rd month!!!

• Options
    We were together three years and four months when he proposed, but we'd known each other for about ten years prior. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_open-question-to-all-recent-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:397aa41a-9653-4e11-96b8-4c74244a63faPost:bf8cfdac-112a-42ea-bb32-31fe2de52e4a">Open question to all recent engaged!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long were you guys dating before he popped the question? : My fianc asked me on my birthday just a few days before New Years. We've been together for almost 2 years. Congrats on all the engagements!

we have been together for 4 1/2 years, and have lived togethe for 2 years, and  he's nine years younger then I am....  ! : )
  • Options
    We'd been dating for 19 months before he proposed
    Photobucket
  • Options
    together 5 years when he proposed
  • Options
    Started dating the day we met, March 20, 2010. It's been almost 3 years. He proposed December 24th, 2012.
  • Options
    2 1/2 years when he proposed!
  • Options
    He proposed to me on our 2yr anniversary of being together :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    2 1/2 years! He just proposed on Wednesday!! 
  • Options
    We began dating in April 2012 and he proposed 8 months later on December 15, 2012.

We met at work in March 2011, tho, so we'd known each other for just under 2 years when he proposed :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were together for 4 years and had been living together for 3 years when he proposed.

Congratulations on your engagement :)
  • Options
    My hunny proposed on our 5 year anniversary (12/22/12). We didn't know each other before we met at a work event, but once we did meet, we were inseperable. We moved in together 6 months later. I'm so happy and excited! Congrats to everyone else!
  • Options
    I'm not very recently engaged, but when he proposed we were together for 4 months.  Doesn't seem like very long, but we became very close very fast and knew after a month of dating we would get married.  
    In the past I dated someone 4 YEARS and wasn't ready to marry him, so I guess when you know, you know! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got engaged almost exactly 5 years after we met (proposed 30/12/12, met 31/12/07). We've almost been together 5 years (02/02/13 we will have been together 5 years)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_open-question-to-all-recent-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:397aa41a-9653-4e11-96b8-4c74244a63faPost:bf8cfdac-112a-42ea-bb32-31fe2de52e4a">Open question to all recent engaged!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long were you guys dating before he popped the question? : My fianc asked me on my birthday just a few days before New Years. We've been together for almost 2 years. Congrats on all the engagements!

We had been dating for 5 years and 2 months when he proposed on Christmas Eve! :) Congrats everyone!!
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • Options
    My honey proposed after 2 years, but we knew we were getting hitched after a year.

Congrats!
  • Options
    After 3.5 years together, living together for just under a year.
  • Options
    We were together for 2 1/2 years before he proposed. 
  • Options
    We were dating about 1 month when he proposed....I know many people think OMG so soon but when you know you just know. My first marriage I did things in a more traditionally acceptable time frame and was married 7 miserable years. I was single for two years and truly thought I would never marry again. When we met it was love at first sight, it was like everything fell into place. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_open-question-to-all-recent-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:397aa41a-9653-4e11-96b8-4c74244a63faPost:aef78417-ed1e-4be6-a533-a16264c3ad8b">Re: Open question to all recent engaged!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were dating about 1 month when he proposed....I know many people think OMG so soon but when you know you just know.
    Posted by veteranmom[/QUOTE]
    Great googly moogly.

• Options
    We'd been dating for about 16 months when he proposed on 12/24/2012. We met through an online dating site in August 2011.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards