Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

AW - Coffee Filter Letter for Head Table = )

I got the idea for this from fellow knottie cortnlove, off the DIY board.  Here are her instructions from her blog!

I decided to go with natural coffee filters to go with our theme better.  My MOH/SIL was AMAZING & helped me pick everything out today & put it all together.  We're going to hang this at the front of the head table, in front of FI & I, from grapevine. 

I just LOVE the way it turned out!  = )

Re: AW - Coffee Filter Letter for Head Table = )

• edited December 2011
    oh, that's so awesome!  What'd you use to keep the shape? Some kind of wire, I'm guessing?  I love it!

and I bet it was extremely inexpensive, since coffee filters are so cheap :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Steph! We used foam board to attatch it to. I just freehanded a N, cut it out & started attaching the filters with a hot glue gun! And yes, it was very cheap! I think with everything it was $8-$9!! Not to bad, I think! = )
  • edited December 2011
    I love it! I saw it on the DIY board and now I'm debating about trying it!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Nikki!  You should do it!  It was a lot of fun, it just took some time.  But I love the way it turned out & it's so cheap to make!  = )
  • edited December 2011
    That is such a cool idea!! I love it :)
  • edited December 2011
    Looks great! Will totally fit with your fall wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Looks great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love it!!! But I hate seeing all these new DIY projects, makes me what them at my wedding...oh wait....that was 9 months ago, haha.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really cool! I like the shape you made the "N" in. Great job!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Andi-

I was thinking of doing a moss covered initials, except that moss doesn't really go with the rest of my stuff. Using white filters could work a lot better!

I wonder how these would look if you dyed them?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_aw-coffee-filter-letter-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:0788da9f-b737-4089-a7b2-9bbf9ae31535Post:cedc8730-f0ed-400d-ac06-104ee603cb81">Re: AW - Coffee Filter Letter for Head Table = )</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Andi- I was thinking of doing a moss covered initials, except that moss doesn't really go with the rest of my stuff. Using white filters could work a lot better!<strong> I wonder how these would look if you dyed them?
    </strong>Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

I have done little art projects with kids using these. If you drop food colors on them it bleeds out sort of like tie dye (we made butterflies), so I am betting if you dipped them in dye, it would turn out well, but lighter than the original dye color. It probably works like Easter eggs in that the longer you dye them, the darker they get. HTH!
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, glad you like it!  = )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards