Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Wording- Please Help!!

Mfamily is late to EVERYTHING how can I word the invitation to make sure we start on time or atleast close to being on time? Should I  put an earlier time on the invites? If so, how much extra time? Would it be unfair to add 30 minutes?

Re: Invitation Wording- Please Help!!

• I am not doing this, I am hoping my guests will show up on time.  However, a girl on my month board was dealing with this issue.  What is comes down to is 30 minutes ends up rude to your guests that arrive on time but 15 minutes you can get by with and not offend people, and hopefully people will arrive by then.  There was another girl that put something like, "to begin promptly at 2" or something to that effect and was starting on time. 
  • The time on the invitation is the time the ceremony should start.  Guests should know to arrive promptly for a wedding, even those who are regularly late.  Your guests are adults, treat them that way.  It's rude to put an earlier time on the invite because many considerate guest will get there even earlier and then get stuck waiting for a long time for the ceremony to begin.

It's ok a hold up the start of the ceremony a few minutes (5:05 for a 5:00 wedding) if people are still arriving, but don't plan on starting at an entirely different time than you tell the guests.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-wording-please-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:91f3821a-daf0-458b-86ef-3085a44fcc87Post:96c0b2bc-ca35-484e-af15-38adaade0e61">Re: Invitation Wording- Please Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] There was another girl that put something like, "to begin promptly at 2" or something to that effect and was starting on time. 
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

I second this idea!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-wording-please-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:91f3821a-daf0-458b-86ef-3085a44fcc87Post:a253ed45-d90a-48c5-b2eb-dae68734b5ae">Re: Invitation Wording- Please Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The time on the invitation is the time the ceremony should start.  Guests should know to arrive promptly for a wedding, even those who are regularly late.  Your guests are adults, treat them that way.  It's rude to put an earlier time on the invite because many considerate guest will get there even earlier and then get stuck waiting for a long time for the ceremony to begin. It's ok a hold up the start of the ceremony a few minutes (5:05 for a 5:00 wedding) if people are still arriving, but don't plan on starting at an entirely different time than you tell the guests.
    Posted by SaraAndrew2010[/QUOTE]

Ditto everything Sara said. If you say on the invites that it starts at 3, I will be there by 2:45. If you don't really start until 3:30 and you planned it that way, I will be livid.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards