Maryland
Options

Reception at Marriott in downtown Annapolis

Has anyone had their reception here or is anyone having their reception here? Any advice / tips / special things to look out for? I haven't booked here but strongly considering it. Thanks.

Re: Reception at Marriott in downtown Annapolis

• Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our friends are getting married there in September. It's a nice location, but the rooms to stay overnight are ridiculously expensive. We want to stay in Annapolis that night so we can partake in the evening's libations, but will definitely have to find another hotel.
  • Options
    ohkkristaohkkrista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_reception-marriott-downtown-annapolis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:267cda7f-eb27-48f0-bd95-5c5f6e54ba49Post:5a9ff8d8-835e-4b23-8e9e-c473bc7063fe">Reception at Marriott in downtown Annapolis</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone had their reception here or is anyone having their reception here? Any advice / tips / special things to look out for? I haven't booked here but strongly considering it. Thanks.
    Posted by marialatevich[/QUOTE]

Just be careful..
    my FI and I were considering it and had really liked it a lot, but the deck area (where you'd have a ceremony or any of the outdoors cocktail hour/reception stuff) is right next to a parking lot and it's not shut down or anything during your rental period. Anyone can just kind of walk out of their car and check out what's going on if they wanted to.. not to mention it's noisy.
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dfontaine07dfontaine07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married there recently, it was really nice but during the ceremony there were people watching from out of their hotel windows, which was funny but  distracting, and you can see them in some of the photographs. EVen though it is a nice venue, it is extremely expensive. I'm from the area and want to stay in the downtown area on my wedding night so we can enjoy the night with our friends out but I'd rather walk or take a taxi a few blocks since my venue is in the Eastport area. If you can afford it, I'd say go for it. It just wasn't right for me and my FI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards