Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Dress - slight freak out....

Good Morning, I'm not on here regularly but have posted previously and everyone has always been so helpful. 

So, I recently purchased the Mikaella 1239 for our July wedding.  I love this dress but I am now losing sleep over the fact if I will look like a true bride.  I never wanted a ball gown dress for me (though I love them!) but I do want to look like a bride.  Do you think I'll be able to dress this up to make it more dramatic?  With an amazing veil and jewelry?  What kind of veil (yes I want to wear a veil) would you think goes best?  We are not having a church wedding but I still want to wear a veil and then a flower in my hair for the reception.

One thing to note is that I am replacing the brooch that comes with the dress with one of their Mikaella flowers with feathers that are on some of their other dresses.  I was thinking of wearing something similar or ordering a second flower for my hair. 

The first pic is me in the dress and the second is the model of course.

Thank you!

Re: Dress - slight freak out....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I seriously love that dress...the top looks a little like my own.  Trust me, you will look like a very sophisticated bride.  What about adding a chapel or a cathedral veil to get a traditional look?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everything that Ekobs said.  You will absolutely look like a bride.  I L.O.V.E that dress!
    12/12/2009
  • Options
    coreywalkcoreywalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP--that dress is STUNNING and I love it.  You will look gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with Ekobs, you will look like an amazing bride!  I love the top part of the dress, it's stunning!  I don't think that people associate "big poof" of a dress with brides-- there are so many other styles now!

Trust me, nothing will take away from your shine on your day!! 

I agree, the cathedral length would be wonderful.  I was thinking along the lines of BostonBride (I believe it's in her siggy the picture of her long veil in the wind...amazing!). 

Take a breath and remember you don't have all the details--your make-up, hair, and everyone around you dressed up so the full effect is lost in the store trying it on. I think you will feel so different come day of!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It actually has the same sheath feel as Caroline Besset Kennedy's dress...and she was a classic bride. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's.  That dress is stunning and you will look like a beautiful bride in it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd do two veils.  I'd wear a catherdral length one for the ceremony and then I'd wear a shorter one for the reception, maybe with a lace edge? It's obviously a pain to wear a cathedral veil all night, but I love the look of a bride in a veil at her reception.  There's no mistaking she's the bride if she's wearing a veil, right? 

It's a beautiful dress.  Like the other girls said, very elegant and classic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your dress!! Very classy & you will definitely look like a bride. Doesn't hurt to add fun bridal accessories though. I loved having a Cathedral length veil for the ceremony. You could do a fun birdcage veil or just a flower/feather fascinator for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a pretty plain dress, but I completely felt like a bride in my veil and  necklace. PIB if you want to see.

I think that dress is seriously gorgeous. You could always add something like buttons, a flower accent, or I love the two veil idea to dress it up. Please don't change, you look great in that dress!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

BostonBride- your veil was the one I was talking about above.  A-MAZ-ING girl!

And this was really weird-- when I went to comment BostonBride had the name of Schapp77 -- and then I got all confused because i remembered her being Boston bride!  When I went back into the post again it was back to being username BostonBride.....Has this happened to anyone else? 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, thank you ladies so much!  You're all so reassuring....I'm coming back more often :-)  And Ekobs thanks for the Sara Gabriel tip!
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the simplicity of the dress, it will definitely allow you to accessorize a little more which means you can dress the dress up a bit. I wouldn't worry though, it will all come together, piece by piece.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No worries!  These ladies have talked me off a ledge more than once. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is definitely a bridal gown. You can really make your whole look fantastic with an accent piece like a fancy necklace or veil or earrings. Don't worry about it at all, you are going to look amazing. The dress really fits your body well.
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JWatts that happens all the time. There are a million glitches.

Just the other day I was responding to a post of invites and it ended up in the middle of a "what did you do this weekend" thread on the SoFlorida board. Yeah... weird.

And I see you guys all the time in the 'actuve posters' list on the E thread even though I don't see you post. It like carried over from here for me. So weird.
  • Options
    jilliannoel88jilliannoel88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this dress is absolutely beautiful!  IMO you shouldn't question it at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Meaghan, I was starting to confuse myself (which is probably done a little too easily)...same things happen to me.  Hopefully the glitches will work themselves out soon 
  • Options
    h+j6510h+j6510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm so glad you posted this!!!

I ordered this same dress 7 months ago and called the bridal shop because I was freaking out.  Supposedly it's shipped and should be in this week.  I was questioning my choice, too, but seeing you in the dress makes me excited!!  You look great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards