Illinois-Chicago
Options

Venue/cost help

We are trying to choose between Cafe Brauer and Shedd Aquarium for a fall wedding and trying to do a realistic cost comparison before putting down our deposit.  Does anyone have suggestions re a general idea of cost given the Cafe Brauer preferred vendors and going through Shedd's catering so we can better decide?  Thanks so much!!!

Re: Venue/cost help

• Options

I am not sure about the Shedd, but I do know that Cafe Brauer's costs can add up because of the required vendor list.  My previous wedding was there in January 2009, so I'm sure the list has changed drastically since then, but I'm happy to answer any questions if you have any.

If you want to take a look at my old married bio (linked in my signature), it has photos of the wedding at Cafe Brauer that might be helpful to you if you choose to have your wedding there.

Both are gorgeous wedding venues - good luck with your decision!

• Options
    we are booked at Cafe Brauer and are talking to caterers and florists now. With just initial contact with both types of vendors, we are starting to expect about $50/pp for the Brauer alcohol package, $115-150/pp for catering, and anywhere between $3000 and $8000 for flowers (obviously have done less narrowing down with florists so far). We also weighed in convenience with our decision--we love Hotel Lincoln and are having our room block there and we also live really close by. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards