Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Venue Needed - Bring Your Own Food

After countless hours searching venues only to find that they are booked until fall 2012 I think we are giving up on a typical wedding venue.  We are now contemplating renting out a bed/breakfast or private home for the weekend to host the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception & day after brunch.  Friends of ours can cater the event but do not have a licence so that will limit the places we could use.  With that said, we'd need a place with beatiful grounds and room for a tent.  Hopefully also close by a hotel that we could block rooms for the rest of the guests.  We are flexible on the location - Lancaster, Gettysburg, York....  Any suggestions?

Re: Venue Needed - Bring Your Own Food

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gitts Mansion in Hanover; Peter Allen House in Dauphin; Grandview Golf Club in Dover.. not sure the size you're looking for but most museums are bring your own caterer as well.  Not sure on the insurance requirements thought.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    ambercurtambercurt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to bring your wedding inside, I'd recommend Liberty Place Theater and Conference Center in Lancaster.  We are using them, because we wanted to use an outsider caterer.  It is difficult to find a venue that allows you to bring in your own.  They didn't question the license of our caterer, so I doubt it would be a problem.  Just a thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might try Cool Creek Country Club (Wrightsville, York County), or like pp said try museums - there's at least 5 in York Co. and the National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia (Lancaster County). If you're having a dry wedding you could try Donegal Presbyterian Church in Lancaster County. Their grounds are GORGEOUS!
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are 'self catering' at Landis Valley Museum.  We just needed to get written/special permission from the facility in order to do so.  And, I say self catering in quotes b/c we are having friends cater as well.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dkgilly - interesting!  that actually was one of our top choices but the only dates they had open were in november.  when are you getting married?  the barn has so much character, I really liked it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_venue-needed-bring-own-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:51ff5599-86a0-4c65-b039-dd013f4f8279Post:f1291d55-4535-4768-9007-f807d08f80aa">Re: Venue Needed - Bring Your Own Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]dkgilly - interesting!  that actually was one of our top choices but the only dates they had open were in november.  when are you getting married?  the barn has so much character, I really liked it!
    Posted by MelP16[/QUOTE]

Isn't it beautiful?!  We're getting married on Sunday, 9/4/11...Labor Day weekend.  

November would be beautiful there and I think all their facilities have heat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards