Maine

chair rentals

I was planning on renting the chairs from my venue, but they are $5.25 per chair, which I think is a bit much.  I am looking for white or plain wooden chairs for our ceremony only which is in the Skowhegan area.  Do any of you have any recommendations for chair rentals?

TIA!

Re: chair rentals

• jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you talking about the "garden" or "wedding" chair? because the going rate for those is $2.75-$3.30 per chair i'm finding. not going to lie i'm not sure what's near skowhegan, but if those are the chairs you're talking about, i've talked to about 7 rental companies and that's the charge. that's without delivery though.

http://www.wedding-flowers-and-reception-ideas.com/images/wedding-chair-decorations03.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    I have the same answer as jelenybeany.  NE Tent and Awning in Brunswick is providing our ceremony chairs, they are $2.75 each for the white garden chairs, but I'm not sure what they'd charge to deliver to Skowhegan. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I did a little research and found the same prices as you, I can't believe my venue wants to charge me double.  I think I found a place in Waterville (about 20 minutes away) we'll see what they can do.
  • edited December 2011
    They want to charge you $5.25 for those garden chairs?  That's outrageous.  Once you have a quote from a rental company including delivery, I would see if your venue will match it.  It's basically free money for them, since they already own the chairs (I assume), and it seems like it would be easier for you just to use their chairs if the price was the same instead of coordinating with another vendor. 
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ne tent probably won't deliver them i called yesterday to inquire about chair delivery 30 miles from them and the guy who answered was super rude. when i asked how much delivery was he said, "yeah i'm not delivering chairs that far." and hung up on me! funny because rental companies much farther away aren't giving me a hard time.

i'm probably going to go with affordable events llc. their chair prices are a full dollar more a piece, but they're only charging us $75 to round trip deliver. and all their stuff is new because they're a new company. they're located in harrison.
  • edited December 2011
    Jessica - I threw that idea out to FI, he said we could try that once we found out if they actually owned them or not.  But yes, $5.25/ chair is ridiculous and I refuse to pay such a high price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards