Flowers

flowers matching dresses

I'm not sure if this board is active enough to get me a response, but I'll try anyways!

my wedding is on October 28, 2012 and I'm in need of help deciding on flowers.  My bouquet is a rainbow coloured brooch bouquet (no pix yet) and I'm not sure what to do for my BMs.

Here is the dress they are wearing...it's  light brown with some shades of darker brown and cream. I'm hoping to do a wildflower bouquet in shades of red and orange.  My mom thinks I should do all cream so it looks better with my bouqet.  I want seasonal flowers though adn I'm pretty sure there aren't cream seasonal flowers in my area.

maybe like this but with white daisys or queen anne's lace instead of the pink.

Re: flowers matching dresses

• i would do colorful flowers.  Cream ones will wash out against that dress.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I would also do colored flowers with that dress.  Pick the main color of your bouquet and use that color.
  • You are definitely going to be able to get things like white daisies and queen anne's lace in your area in October. Both are easy to get at that time of year and should be available through most florists. Other things that may work as well would be gerber daisies, asters (like miniature daisies), stock, larkspur. I like the idea of the reds and oranges as well. If you didn't want to go all red and orange, you could always work in touches of those colors with things like bittersweet vine, crocosmia and hypericum berries.
  • in my opinion I think you need to do a mono chromatic bouquet. If you want all colors ,have each girl carry a different color. The print on the dress is to busy to have all different flowers and colors in one bouquet. for me a white bouquet does absolutely nothing to enhance the dress and the photos will look flat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_flowers-matching-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:11bae151-8ae5-4505-9acf-2d0f08c8f844Post:772ef235-6008-403d-98d4-4ed45f622845">Re: flowers matching dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]in my opinion I think you need to do a mono chromatic bouquet<strong>. If you want all colors ,have each girl carry a different color.</strong> The print on the dress is to busy to have all different flowers and colors in one bouquet. for me a white bouquet does absolutely nothing to enhance the dress and the photos will look flat.
    Posted by flower_diva[/QUOTE]

i kind of like that idea! 
  • I like the idea of color against a more neutral dress.  I like your ideas
  • I think a nicevariety of orange and yellow color flowers would look great with these dresses :) Its also a fall color too :)

Anna Fearer
    More Paper Than Shoes
    http://www.annafearer.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards