South Asian Weddings

Updates? Confessions? Vents?

What's going on ladies? Anything you want to vent, confess or just update us all on?

It's been a crazy week here - we felt the effects of the VA earthquake. There's crazy rain on the way today that's not even related to the hurricane that's headed here this weekend.

I am making progress on changing my name over. I almost have every card in my wallet changed to my married name and my new passport arrived this week. I still feel like there are a million other things that need to be changed!
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Updates? Confessions? Vents?

• edited December 2011
    Raangoli, I felt the earthquake too! It was crazy, I work in Newark NJ and was going up an elevator when it happened. Now the last weekend of summer will be filled with rain. :( At least I'll get to do a bunch of wedding stuff that I need to do! Nice job with the changing name progress! I confess/vent that I'm nervous about how long our wedding ceremony is going to be. FI and I want it to be no longer than 45 minutes and our parents are being supportive about that. We need to go through the list of rituals and decide which ones we want to do and which ones we'll do without. When speaking with the pandit (who is a family friend of FI's parents) though, he kept telling me how difficult it is to keep the ceremony under an hour even when the couple removes some of the rituals. His ceremonies usually last 1 1/2-2 hours and he wasn't really giving us any ideas on which rituals we could remove. So I'm a little stressed trying to figure out the program and which rituals we should remove because they all seem important to me!
  • edited December 2011
    Some updates from the world of Sarah-and-Kids:

Kidlet started Kindergarten on Monday and so far has had a very good week :)

Child support hearing on Monday. Rrrk, legal system hassles.

Some vindication - That Girl has been cheating on R with her ex (so he decided to inform me via random phone call yesterday, when we hadn't spokein four or five days). I didn't say it, but I very loudly thought, "I told you so!" and "Serves you right!" at him.

Also, new baby picture (can you believe she's already almost 5 months old?!?)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have much to add -
    Work is work, which seems to be overrunning all of my spare time LOL... I spend about 2 hours every day at the gym, mostly for cardio and had a personal training session yesterday, needless to say, I need my muscles to suck it up, and stop causing me to be SORE LOL!!

My relationship building is going well, just taking it slow, and graceful at this point.  Neither bf or I, want to put together hard core plans until we both build that foundation :-)  We speak in Geek! (not Greek lol)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    My big update is that I have made it through the first week of my in-law visit!  We met for the first time when they arrived and are staying with us through the wedding in Oct.  It is going really well!  I can't write long because we're heading to my parents' for the weekend!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @Priya - I am sure you will figure it out with the ceremony. I saw your other post below where it said your FI's sister was able to have a shorter ceremony. Maybe you can see what they chose and if they have a program you can work from?

@Beloved - Chandra is soooo cute! It's hard to believe she's growing up so fast! And you're a better person than I am, I would have rubbed the cheating, good for nothing other woman in his face.

@ KP - So glad to hear that things are going well!  When it comes to sore muscles, I always find that it does help to just keep moving and even get a foam roller if it's your legs. It hurts at first, but it does help.

@ Jsleik - Sounds like things are going really well! Enjoy your weekend with both sets of parents :)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm only getting to this now because my ILs are here and keeping me busy!

I confess, try as I might, I just can't relax when they visit.  I would say we get along fine, but it's just a lot of work and stress for me :(

I further confess that SIL drives me nuts!  Yes, that problem is still unresolved... and I think she has secretly moved in with her BF... more drama around the corner!
    edited December 2011
    BTW, we Californians were amazed that there was a "real" earthquake over there!
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear that the in-laws have arrived! I hope their visit goes fast and they don't try to extend their stay.

Sounds like the sister in law likes to stir up trouble, yikes! You think the news about her getting a flat in Mumbai was a ruse and that she really moved in with her boyfriend?

The earthquake was real...thankfully in NJ we were far away from the epicenter, but then there was the hurrican this weekend. So weird that it took over Sat/Sun and now it's back to work like usual. I feel like I need a refund on the missed weekend!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    @Raangoli - Hang in there with all your natural disasters!!  Such an odd combination for NJ!!! 

@Temurlang - hang in there!  Email me if you need a little support!!  I'm with Raangoli, maybe the Mumbai flat is a ruse!!!  :)  While it would cause drama, it might solve some problems too!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Raangoli and JSleik -- new development on SIL!  So we all skyped her early morning her time, but she didn't answer and phoned DH and said her internet was down and to skype her phone instead (so we couldn't see her).  We were all talking and MIL was pressing her on a wedding date.  She said they could talk about it in December when my ILs are back in India.  FIL then said that she better not scare the guy off before that... she was dead silent.  Then DH said, "he's sitting right there listening on speaker phone, isn't he?"  After another long pause she said yes.  MIL and I were practically on the floor we were laughing so hard!

So yeah, the flat might have been a ruse.  And yeah, this could be a great thing, except she complained that he too is out of cash!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards