Wedding Party

Child/teen bridesmaids and adult ushers

All the ushers are adults but the girls I want as my bridesmaids are all children/teens.

Is it okay to do? or would it be better to have all adults in the wedding party?

Re: Child/teen bridesmaids and adult ushers

• What you have is fine as long as who you have in your wedding party are your nearest and dearest.  Age should not be a factor.

If you think it would be weird for adult men to be walking down the aisle with teenagers/children then have the groomsmen up at the alter and then the girls can walk down solo.  For on the way back up the aisle you can alternate groomsman, bridesmaid, groomsman, bridesmaid, etc.

• I had my 13 year old sister as one of my BMs. She did great. It was sometimes hard to keep her serious and paying attention during photos. Some of the photos have her looking sideways or giggling. It wasn't a huge deal though.
  • Fi's groomsmen are his dearest friends, all in their mid40s. I'm having my son (20) and 2 daughters (17 and 15). We're having the groomsmen start at the front and my attendants walk in alone and they will walk out individually. No problems!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • <div>Great - thanks </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_childteen-bridesmaids-and-adult-ushers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:04d29b56-aacc-443b-877c-95991237df47Post:2bd76d79-f396-4a65-9dfe-a4b5dfd7df30">Re: Child/teen bridesmaids and adult ushers</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they are too old to be flower girls, they are old enough to be bridesmaids. I agree with Maggie about having them walk solo.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]
    Not having a flower girls and even the ones who are 5 I wouldn't want them to be flower girls
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re:Child/teen bridesmaids and adult ushers:Great thanksnbsp;In Response to Re: Child/teen bridesmaids and adult ushers:If they are too old to be flower girls, they are old enough to be bridesmaids. I agree with Maggie about having them walk solo.Posted by Liatris2010Not having a flower girls and even the ones who are 5 I wouldn't want them to be flower girls Posted by andthepigsaidtothecow Wait, so you're saying your jr BMs are five years old? I think that is much too young to be a BM and I would call them jr BMs. Understand they probably won't be able to stand for the entire ceremony and will need to sit with their parents. But I think it's perfectly fine to mix kids and adults. I think it would be cute.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_childteen-bridesmaids-and-adult-ushers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:04d29b56-aacc-443b-877c-95991237df47Post:420140db-d83c-4955-8493-8f52d44c3abf">Re:Child/teen bridesmaids and adult ushers</a>:
    [QUOTE] Wait, so you're saying your jr BMs are five years old? I think that is much too young to be a BM and I would call them jr BMs. Understand they probably won't be able to stand for the entire ceremony and will need to sit with their parents. But I think it's perfectly fine to mix kids and adults. I think it would be cute.
    Posted by lovesclimbing[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Don't like the idea of calling somone a jr bridesmaid - they're just bridesmaides. (sorry I'm british so bridesmaids sit during the ceremony so that isn't a concern for me)

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards