DC
Options

Wedding night suite

What's a good hotel for our wedding night? We don't really want to stay where all the guests will be (in our hotel blocks are in Georgetown), and wanted to pick a really great but really affordable hotel with a nice suite. I've always wanted to stay at the W Hotel on 15th Street-- by the White House. But I just saw that their suites start at $875/night so that's just not going to happen. Any other ideas?

Re: Wedding night suite

• Options
    I have no idea of the prices, but a couple of hotels to consider:

* The Hotel George
    * Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    You might check out Embassy Suites.  Depending on the day, they can be as low as $185 a night.  And they are nice enough that my old law firm used them to put up clients.
  • Options
    I don't know which hotels are particularly nice, but I would recommend looking on kayak.com.  You can get a lot of discounted rates there, sort the hotels by # of stars, read reviews, etc.  Also if you tell the hotel that you're on your honeymoon they might give you a discount or free strawberries/champagne.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just skimming DC prices for suites, you're not going to be able to find anything at a luxury hotel for under about $500. 

As a matter of my personal preference, if you're looking to spend less than that, I would recommend getting a non-suite guest room at a luxury hotel rather than a suite at a lower-rated hotel, since the extra space would be less important to me than just having nicer accomodations.  Your mileage may vary.  But I've stayed in that W, and even the tiniest of guest rooms (which are all I've ever stayed in) were really nice and my then-boyfriend now-FI and I had a lovely romantic getaway.  Rooftop bar was subpar, though, if you're interested.  Poor service and uninspired drinks, though the view was amazing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_wedding-night-suite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:c90868bd-ae60-43f0-9512-ab535b4a09d0Post:ea3a13a9-40ab-4949-80a6-c94a37b4aad4">Re: Wedding night suite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just skimming DC prices for suites, you're not going to be able to find anything at a luxury hotel for under about $500.  As a matter of my personal preference, if you're looking to spend less than that, I would recommend getting a non-suite guest room at a luxury hotel rather than a suite at a lower-rated hotel, since the extra space would be less important to me than just having nicer accomodations.  Your mileage may vary.  But I've stayed in that W, and even the tiniest of guest rooms (which are all I've ever stayed in) were really nice and my then-boyfriend now-FI and I had a lovely romantic getaway.  Rooftop bar was subpar, though, if you're interested.  Poor service and uninspired drinks, though the view was amazing.
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this.  We are having a day wedding so we have late dinner reservations for the two of us nearby and are staying in a non-suite room at the W for our wedding night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards