Snarky Brides

Tell me your love story.

how did you meet FI/H?
When did you know he was "the one"?
What is the best part of your relationship?

In an unrelated note:
Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word:

Re: Tell me your love story.

• Why do you wish you were cool?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Are you by chance doing a school project on love and marriage?
    Anniversary
  • Are you going to introduce yourself first?
  • Thanks Achi...now I have the Married With Children theme song going through my head.

• C'mon OP these are all very valid questions.  Spill it....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am uncool. The coolest thing I did this week was steal my co-workers pen. When she asked for it back she went on a long rant about how that was her favourite pen and I cant take things without asking,  I was all "cool story bro". So bad arse

Introduction: I like dogs. I like cake. I like wedings. I like my Fiance

I wish I was doing a school project on love and marriage.

You should not doubt my uncoolness- look at the thread I just tried to start. LAME.
  • I'll play ;)

how did you meet FI/H? -He was the overnight manager at the pet store where I worked. I had a boyfriend at the time and after a year he moved to Maine so that he didn't influence my relationship or cause a strain on it.

When did you know he was "the one"?  -First, when he bought medication for my fish after my then bf spent an hour telling me how stupid it was to buy $5 medication for a $3 fish (the price was not the point)
    Then, when he moved to Maine. I broke up with my bf 2 weeks later and H moved back to VA 3 months after that.

What is the best part of your relationship? We both work hard to make the other one happy. We're also both good at compromising.

In an unrelated note:
    Well-intentioned
  • Am I allowed to play without a H/FI?  I just have a BF.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • how did you meet FI/H? Match.com 
    When did you know he was "the one"? I really have no idea, like PP's said it was gradual. But, when he took me to SC for our first vacation and I had a blister on my foot from walking he sat me on a bench, took a band-aid out of his wallet and took care of me. Love!
    What is the best part of your relationship? Our sense of humor, we have been making each other laugh for years. It may be cliche',but he IS my best friend

In an unrelated note:
    Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word: Great!

I love my MIL she is an awesome lady.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-your-love-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1de84476-933d-4d33-8ebf-893d1c2ff67cPost:4a8bb2b3-dfc4-43e0-8bea-e60f0c81e914">Re: Tell me your love story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]how did you meet FI/H? We were in the same dept in college, but didn't really KNOW each other.  One night, my very recent ex at the time decided instead of singing karaoke, he would announce all the things that were wrong with me into the microphone instead, with half our department sitting there. DH stood up and said <strong>"so you wouldn't mind if I sleep with her then, right?"</strong>  When did you know he was "the one"? I honestly can't pinpoint it for you, because I cannot remember a time when I DIDN'T think he was "the one". What is the best part of your relationship? Our mutual love of Presidential Elections and vintage 80s toys. In an unrelated note: Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word: Fvckd
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Stage that is awesome!
  • kd.joseph, me too, MATCH.com
  • Stage that is awesome on both his jumping in - and always knowing.

how did you meet FI/H? Not match, but online. POF I think.
    When did you know he was "the one"? When I realized I was mentally addressing him as husband.
    What is the best part of your relationship? The committment we have to it, to each other

In an unrelated note:
    Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word: Non-existent. Non-existant?
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Another match.com ♥
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-your-love-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1de84476-933d-4d33-8ebf-893d1c2ff67cPost:4009bcf8-6c31-46d7-b0ce-eff0f24dd8e5">Re: Tell me your love story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another match.com ♥
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

And he wasnt even one of my matches ;)

Do they still have a chat room?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-your-love-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1de84476-933d-4d33-8ebf-893d1c2ff67cPost:572b81ed-a4b3-46dd-a69c-61c5fd8e1d1d">Re: Tell me your love story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me your love story. : And he wasnt even one of my matches ;) <strong>Do they still have a chat room?
    </strong>Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I dunno, KD - this was ~ 9 years ago maybe.  They didn't then.  H even got his money back; they probably felt sorry for him.  But really he pulled his profile off in record time :)
  • how did you meet FI/H? My FI and I met at summer camp. I was 13 and he was 17 when we first remember meeting (24 and 29 now), but we had both gone to camp as camper for a number of years prior. We both worked there for a good number of years and were co-workers and friends the whole time. It wasn't until my best friend from camp and his best friend started dating that we ended up hanging out just the two of us. We went up to his friends apartment for a night to party and after our two dating friends went to bed we were left alone. We stayed up all night talking. The next night the four of us plus a bunch of other friends all went to my place to party and again we stayed up long past everyone else. He kissed me that night and we've been inseparable ever since. He even opted to go to grad school where I was finishing my undergrad degree. In the four years we've been together the longest we've been apart is ten days while he gone at a national conference.

When did you know he was "the one"? Not sure when I knew he was the one. Maybe when we took our first big road trip together. We'd been together about five months and the end destination was his family in Chattanooga. I got to meet all of his extended family and they loved me!

What is the best part of your relationship? We balance each other out well. We’re both spontaneous and that helps keep things fresh and fun.

In an unrelated note:
    Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word: Excellent!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • he was in the room the whole time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-your-love-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1de84476-933d-4d33-8ebf-893d1c2ff67cPost:bd45feab-94ea-4e44-8b63-68ca176584e1">Re: Tell me your love story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me your love story. : I dunno, KD - this was ~ 9 years ago maybe.  They didn't then.  H even got his money back; they probably felt sorry for him.  But really he pulled his profile off in record time :)
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Huh, mine was about 9 years ago as well. I was in chat when H popped in, he was so new he didnt even have a picture up yet.
  • how did you meet FI/H?
    Online. I was dared by a friend to make an ad, because I never had time to go out (I was either at work, school, library or asleep). He was the only 'normal' one to respond :o)

It was really weird at first because when we met, we both felt like we'd known each for a hella long time, but obviously hadn't. I was always very comfortable around him and think I always knew he was the one. However if I had to pin point some moment, it would be when my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and DH supported my every move and talked me through everything after finding out about my dad (withdrawling from school, moving home, and being with my family instead of him, as well as making me promise to him (DH) that I would finish my degree once I was ready. .etc).

We both equal each other out and he always, always knows how to get a smile on my face, even in the hardest of times.

In an unrelated note:
    Developing :o)

• how did you meet BF? 
    We went to HS together, and then I moved away.  We reconnected after I broke off my last relationship and was boinking his roommate/BFF just for funsies.

.....I don't think I get to say this yet because I don't have a ring.  But, our first date was the day after my birthday.  He took me out to dinner, and bought me a dozen gluten free chocolate lava cupcakes.  I didn't get sick.  He's also been really great about dealing with my food issues.  He's usually the first to make sure something's gluten free.  Although he spent like 15 minutes last night trying to figure out why I couldn't have cookies and cream ice cream.  Silly man.

He's super supportive - especially with the food stuff.  He balances me out, and makes me actually want to talk to him about things when I'm upset, instead of just screaming.  He's also a really good snuggler.

In an unrelated note:
    They aren't in-laws, but his parents are pretty fantastic. :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• how did you meet FI/H?  FI is my best friend's older brother (5 years older).  He used to pick us up from high school every friday and torture us the whole way home.  I had such a big crush on him.

When did you know he was "the one"?  We had gotten really close after his sister and I threw him an INSANE 25th birthday party.  (I was house sitting a mansion for a month. 150 people and about 10 kegs later...).  He stayed over the next day to help clean and ever since that day we were attached at the hip but as best friends.  A couple of months later we got snowed in.  :)

What is the best part of your relationship? We never fight, we discuss and can readily admit when we are wrong.  He makes me smile and laugh all the time. We really try to take good care of each other.   

In an unrelated note: Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word: Loving!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stage that is hilarious.

how did you meet FI/H? We actually MET at a party when we were seniors at different high schools.  I had broken up with his band's guitar player 3 months before and was still pissed about it so I told FI to get him drunk and then call me so I could kick his a$$.  We COULD have met a million times before that though.  He was in my brothers' boyscout troup so we'd been on ski trips and camping trips together.  We played the same instrument in the same orchestra in elementary school.  And I distinctly remember being at a friend's house while he was setting up her drum set, but I never introduced myself.  Weird.

When did you know he was "the one"? When we went out for our first valentine's day and we were at build-a-bear.  He went into the bathroom so that he could record a sound for the bear in a quiet spot and I remember wishing that he would make it say "I love you"

What is the best part of your relationship? He is the most laid back and comforting person in my life, which is perfect because I'm high-strung and anxious so we balance each other out.

In an unrelated note:
    Fantastic
  • how did you meet FI/H? 
    He's my bestie's younger brother - we've known each other for 16 years now but only got together 3 years ago.

When he went away for the weekend and I missed him like crazy.  That was the first time we said "I love you" to each other (over text lol).  Didn't take very long, maybe 2 months in.

He takes care of me even when I'm at my brattiest.  We are completely compatible, and he's absolutely the best dad our son could have asked for.

In an unrelated note:

Awesome!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • how did you meet FI/H? 
    We were both at the bar across the street from my condo.  I was hanging out with my bartender friend and he was waiting for his friend who was very late.

Immediately?  I asked him the first night we met if he wanted to come with me to my mom's house for Thanksgiving (in another state).  He said yes without hesitation.  I know that sounds weird but at the time it wasn't!  We had said "I love yous" by the end of the week after our first official date, and were married 11 months after the night we met.

We have fun being weird in our own little world together - we waited a long time to find the right person, so we're having fun just focusing on us.

In an unrelated note:

None. (They have both passed away, and he has no other family.  Actually his dad died two months after we started dating and I never got to meet him.)
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-your-love-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1de84476-933d-4d33-8ebf-893d1c2ff67cPost:e2acd6bc-116e-4aa8-b673-5f3a9c57032f">Re: Tell me your love story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stage that is hilarious. how did you meet FI/H? We actually MET at a party when we were seniors at different high schools.  I had broken up with his band's guitar player 3 months before and was still pissed about it <strong>so I told FI to get him drunk and then call me so I could kick his a$$</strong>.  Posted by bjhubble[/QUOTE]

Excuse me? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-your-love-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1de84476-933d-4d33-8ebf-893d1c2ff67cPost:d7a34657-caca-4eea-aa25-1bbc2376796d">Re: Tell me your love story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me your love story. : Excuse me? 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

She wanted her FI to get her ex-BF drunk so she could go over and kick his A$$.

Why I dont know.
  • ShiaShia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    how did you meet FI/H? 
    We have known each other since High School. He is my best friend. We were in a lot school clubs together (technology team, debate, and soccer). He also volunteered with me too. 

I am not sure. But I started to have a crush on him in college and about a year later he asked my to be his girlfriend. I said yes with a big smile on my face. LOL. 

We are so close and have known each other for years and we share the same friends. What I love about him is his outgoing personality. I am shy and do not talk much, but it has slowly faded away since we have been together. 

In an unrelated note:
    Okay/Awkward 
  • H was my boss.  I married him for his money.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • how did you meet FI/H?  At our local community college. Paralegal studies got pretty steamy! 
    When did you know he was "the one"? The first time he kissed me on our first date. This was after many many conversations/flirtations. He didn't ask to kiss me, but told me he was going to, and it was AMAZING. Still is. I've never gotten tingles like that. If not that first kiss, for sure when he told me he loved me and he was all sly about it. Trying to say it with his "I miss you's" one morning, and replacing it with "i love you". I sat at my desk all day going, "Did he really?... NAW!"
    What is the best part of your relationship? How honest and open we are with each other. My parents, God love em are not, and his are not together, so it's a miracle we can think "we CAN make this work". Also we're both crazy about each other. Oh and he plays me guitar. Rocking it!

Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word: MIL, I love! Although we've had a recent awkward moment and I'm still not sure where we stand. FIL is strained, and SIL likes to pretend I don't exist, up to ignoring me when I walk in a room, not congratulating me on my engagement, and not offering condolences when my grandmother died this week. BIL is awesome on a stick and is very supportive of us. Although he lives in  San Diego. :/
  • Stage- your H must be all kinds of awesome. That's a fab story!

how did you meet FI/H?
      Online romance here too. Fi almost didn't message me because he thought he already had and I never responded. But then he decided to try again because he thinks I'm beautiful.

When did you know he was "the one"? Pretty much from day one. Our first phone call lasted three hours, and I felt like I'd known him forever.

What is the best part of your relationship? How much we have in common, and we just seem to have the same views about pretty much everything. Or maybe the fact that he loves my kids who are 14, 17 and 20, and are not always exactly lovable. He puts up with a lot sometimes, and loves us anyway.

Describe your relationship with your In-laws in one word: Wonderful!

He's their only living child (they've lost 2 other sons as children) and he is everything to them. He's never been married, and they have no grandchildren and have been dying to marry him off so they can get grandbabies! It could be difficult since he and his mother are very close, but they are great people and are just so thrilled that I make him happy. I couldn't ask for better inlaws!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards