March 2013 Weddings

Help! I need jewelry ideas for men (XP from the June 2013 board that I needed to move to)

For our vow renewal, we want to have our original rings refashioned into a new set. I had a chat with a jeweler Friday about what we could do and my problem is that there are too many diamonds for what I want done. This set has 10 baguette-cut diamonds and a large marquee-cut diamond. It has always been way to large and showy for my taste and my small hands (I wear between a 4 & 5 ring). So, a thought that came to mind was to turn the marquee sideways, set it INTO the band, and do 3 channel-set baguettes on each side and leave 4 baguettes off completely. With those 4 diamonds, we would make each of our kids a piece of jewelry of their choice as they got old enough to take care of such a thing. I think it is a neat thought that they each would have a diamond from our original wedding set. It even gives me chills to think our great-grands somewhere along the way might be able to say, "This diamond is from my great-grandparent's original wedding ring set."
What makes me reluctant, though, is what kind of jewelry do men wear these days? Since coming up with the idea, I've been trying to pay attention to men and their jewelry, but it doesn't seem men wear much in my area other than wedding rings. The girls are easy, but I'm wondering if our boys will think it as special, you know? Any ideas out there?
Julie
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Help! I need jewelry ideas for men (XP from the June 2013 board that I needed to move to)

• Hmm, that's a good question. My FI doesn't wear any jewelry. The only jewelry I really see my guy friends wear is an occasional necklace (usually one of those Hawaiian looking ones) unless they have piercings of course.

What about a tie clip? Cufflinks? Just trying to think of something else you could do that would be nice for any guy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Actually, jennipea, a tie clip or cuff links might do for my oldest! I hadn't thought about that! He's in college working toward becoming a B.S. in Computer Science. A suit and tie might be necessary occasionally. Thanks!

Julie
  • I agree- tie clip or cufflinks are the first and only things I can think of. I don't know many guys that wear any jewelry. Especially if your son is going into a profession where he will have to dress up- I think a tie clip is worn more often than cuff links (since you have to buy certain shirts for cuff links).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_help-i-need-jewelry-ideas-for-men-xp-from-the-june-2013-board-that-i-needed-to-move-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:71718f1d-65ee-4e63-a6af-cf174b7bdc37Post:90b951b0-4333-4304-9e86-42dca636567b">Re: Help! I need jewelry ideas for men (XP from the June 2013 board that I needed to move to)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree- tie clip or cufflinks are the first and only things I can think of. I don't know many guys that wear any jewelry. Especially if your son is going into a profession where he will have to dress up- I think a tie clip is worn more often than cuff links (since you have to buy certain shirts for cuff links).
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]

Good point about the cuff links! Thanks, Caitlynmk!

Julie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards