African American Weddings

Father/Daugher Dance songs??

Hi Ladies,
Believe it or not, I prepared that pesky "must-have" song list for the DJ and forgot all about the father/daughter dance. Luckily, my sister caught it after she viewed a copy of the list. So my question, what songs are you using as a father/daughter dance song??

Re: Father/Daugher Dance songs??

• adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. Our backups were "Isn't She Lovely" and "Butterfly Kisses". My sister-in-law used "I Loved Her First".
  • Lady RedrumLady Redrum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used 'My Girl' by the Temptations. I was planning to use a song that my dad used to dance with me to when i was really little. Is there anything that has special meaning for you and your dad? Your dad's favorite song? A song he used to sing to you?
  • edited December 2011
    I used "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vanessa AVanessa A member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lady Redrum,
    I narrowed it down to Stevie Wonder's You are the Sunshine of my life, which I think he would love. But then there's also Tony Bennet's The Way you look tonight and Celine Dion's I'm your Angel, which I think is most appropriate but it runs over 5 mins long and I think we'll be a bit bored and uncomfy for that long. My younger sister made a point that she like the Stevie song and since I'm the first of three girls to get married, maybe it could be a tradition to use that @ all three weddings. If my older sister agrees (she's getting married in a little less than a yr I think, then i'll def go with the Stevie song, but I'll also talk it over with my Dad this weekend.

MrsW2000, check out your bio, you and your wedding were absolutely beautiful!!
  • edited December 2011
    My first thought was a song off of chrisette michelle's first cd. The name escapes me at the moment. But then I was thinking maybe something older that he might appreciate more. Good question, I guess I should get to thinking only 179 days to go, sheesh.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  I kinda want to use Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder, b/c I love Stevie Wonder and because I feel like that's our song.  But my FI heard the Cinderella song and suggested and I e-mailed my dad a link to the song and he said that he preferred that song over the Stevie Wonder song.  Ksturgis, I think the song you are referring to is Your Joy by Chrisette Michelle.  I was going to use that song too, but I cry everytime I hear it, so I changed my mind.  But then again I cry when I hear the Cinderella song, so that's why I kinda want to go with Isn't She Lovely.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we are supposed to be using "Your Joy" by Chrisette Michele.  However, lately, my dad has been changing his mind as to whether or not he wants to use it.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Panda16Panda16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten this far yet but I was thinking of a sweet reggae song maybe from Bob Marley. But I was listening to "What A Wonderful World" and was tearing up so I'm open for any song.
  • edited December 2011
    Your Joy by Chrisette Michelle : )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • badbymyselfbadbymyself member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Daddy by Beyonce, it embodies everything that my dad and I are and how I feel about my daddy!
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As of now it's Your Joy by Chrisette Michele
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using your joy by Chrissette Michelle!  It was a hard choice because I ABSOLUTELY love Beyonce and would have loved to use her song, but the Chrissette Michelle song is so much prettier!!
  • KooKoo4QuincyKooKoo4Quincy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok you guys....(tearing up)!!!
    You all are so blessed to still have your fathers in your lives. My father passed away almost 10 years ago...and to this day (not b/c I'm getting married) I still cry and yearn for my father's attention, hugs, love and to hear his voice!! I don't have a father/daughter song to dance too. I don't want to share THAT moment with anyone else. I asked my uncle to walk me down the aisle but I am going to walk down the aisle with my son (he'll be 8 when we get married)!!

You ladies have connected so well with each other and I just realized that all of you are getting married this year...this means I have to find another board to join :( I wish you all many blessings and please don't take any relationship for granted....it's always a lesson to be learned in the mist of it all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards