Michigan-Lansing
Options

Belen's Flowers = Best Florist In Lansing!

OMG! Belen's Flowers is honestly the best florist in Lansing! They have been so helpful in helping me decide on colors, styles, and helping my fiance and I make our wedding what  we want and staying in our budget at the same time! They will work harder than you will for you so your wedding can be your dream day! I don't think I will ever use another florist again!

Re: Belen's Flowers = Best Florist In Lansing!

• Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

If they are so great, they should know that vendor posting is not allowed on the boards.  Pass that on to them.

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No thank you.  I'll take a florist who is recommended by mulitple people rather than a "bride" who just joined today raving about her florist.

We are smarter than that.  Nice try.

ETA:  Oh wow.  So you are told you aren't allowed to post on the boards in a separate thread and then magically a bride comes on 2 hours later RAVING about you.  Seriously?  You do more damage to your business by trying to trick us like this than you are helping it.
  • Options
    RRPerryRRPerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Excuse Me!? I am a bride... my wedding is in May, they just did my best friends wedding, and they did my brother's wedding as well! So I'm sorry that I got on here to find things for my wedding and saw all of these people talking about florists and decided to talk about one that I know is great from past experiences and present!  And for those of you who did comment, You are all extremely rude and should put yourselves in check... don't get mad just because I wanted to support my florist!
  • Options
    RRPerryRRPerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

And does that mean I can't tell other brides how outrageously priced the Lexington and Holiday Inn South (Causeway Bay) Are? And that I think Hawk Hollow/ Eagle Eye are great places and more affordable than most would think? Isn't the purpose of this website to get other opinions and reviews and ideas? Cuz I find it quite helpful to get other ideas and opinions because this is the first time I'm getting married and I was kind of lost a few months ago when we had started trying to plan things.... just saying... And FYI I'm quite offended by the ridiculous responses I got .... especially because compared to most I'm still very young and you guys don't know a thing about me to be coming at my throat in the judgemental way you did.

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Ok First BREATH.  And second, you shouldn't take anything so personally especially on the internet.  You're right, we don't know you, so don't take anything we say so seriously.  I apologize for my reaction if you truly are a REAL bride and in no way associated with Belen's Flowers besides that you were a paying customer and wanted to recommend them for a job well done.

That being said, please understand our reasoning.  First, you joined on August 5th and that was the day you posted the review.  And this was your first and only post which is usually a red flag for a vendor.  Why did you not recommend any of your other vendors?  Also, how can you recommend a florist for your wedding which hasn't occured yet?  Unless you used them for a different event.

Finally, your post came only HOURS after this one in which an employee of Belen's Flowers posted and was told that vendors aren't allowed to post on the boards.  Then coincidently you came in guns blazing recommending them.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_florist-lansing-area

It was sketchy.  Again, I apologize if you are a real bride and just posted at the wrong time but to help ease our suspicions, tell us more about yourself!

Where are you getting married?
    How did you meet your fiance?
    When did you get engaged?
    What are your colors?
    Etc, Etc, Etc.
  • Options
    RRPerryRRPerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our date is May 28th, we met like 6 years ago online in a friendly conversation and then ran into each other at rum runners (lmao) and recognized each other and just hit it off! It sounds random and weird but he is amazing! And even funnier, his brother had dated one of my good friends a few years before we met in person. So I've been friends with and known his brother for about 4 years now.  :) just ironic!  We got engaged at midnight on christmas eve/ christmas morning and it was super cute because we were at his mom's building a gingerbread house and i was covered in frosting and licking my fingers like i was 7 again! LOL! And it was totally unexpected!  And his favorite color is orange and mine is hot pink so those are our colors with a touch of lime green and yellow just as accents.  But like I said Belens did my best friends wedding and my brothers and they have done sooo much to help me with my future wedding & I just know I can rely on them to make sure my flowers are amazing and what I want... thats all, and when it comes to "our other vendors" really we like just decided to go with Eagle Eye and thats all we've done... his mom is doing our invites and Eagle Eye does their own catering so I have no other vendors... And I just bought his ring a couple days ago from Kays and the lady that helped us ( I think it was Janie, or jamie? ) she was awesome but I didn't think it was a big deal or anything to rave about... that is all...

But whats the low down with your wedding?  I Love details! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards