New York-Hudson Valley

Wedding in New Rochelle-what hotel to use??

My wedding is in New Rochelle and I am looking for suggestions for hotels that are reasonable! I have looked into the Crowne Plaza in White Plains, but it is a bit far. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in New Rochelle?? I would love any input that you have!  Thanks!!

Re: Wedding in New Rochelle-what hotel to use??

• edited December 2011
    i'm in the same boat. we went with the crown plaza. the only other real option was the radisson near 95, and when i called to ask about setting up a block they were rather rude and short with me, so i just basically said forget it. my family has stayed at the crowne plaza before and they're great there. it's only about a 20 minute drive to new ro, it's not too bad.
  • edited December 2011
    do NOT stay at crowne plaza in white plains. it was an absolute nightmare. everyone that stayed there for my wedding complained. my wedding was 11/6 so forgive me if i'm forgetting something but among other things: 1) they did not hand out my welcome baskets or shuttle bus info as promised so several out of town guests had NO ride to my wedding and were late plus I wasted all that money on hotel welcome bags that never were delivered; 2) the room they booked me in was not as promised and my mother was supposed to be in a room right next door so that when we were getting ready at the hotel the morning of my wedding she would be right there - wrong - they booked her on the opposite side of the hotel and several floors away, plus we advised them in advance that my mother is handicapped adn can't run around like a crazy person! ahh; 3) i was triple charged for parking and a number of other BS fees and i had to call to complain a million times to have the charges credited back to me; 4) they promised us that members of our wedding party staying at the hotel would be able to check in early since you can't normally check in until 3pm but we were leaving at 2:30 ish to take photos - when the day came, they claimed they had no rooms and would not allow them to check in early; 4) even worse, my wedding party people called from the limousine to advise the hotel that they would require late check in (my wedding ended at midnight and we got back to the hotel around 12:30/1am ish) and NOT to give away the room - well, turns out when we got back to the hotel they had given away several rooms and basically told us "woops - oh well - nothing we can do" 5) after fighting with them for over an hour that evening so that my wedding party would have a place to sleep it gets worse - ex: they put 2 of my bridesmaids in the "only room they had available" which was the parlor to a suite and said that there is no bed there but that they could both share the sofa bed - well my friends get up to the room and the sofa bed was broken.

there were more things that happened but basically they were terrible and it was nightmare after nightmar after nightmare. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!
  • edited December 2011
    OKAY! I am planning to and I know what situation you are in!!
    Radisson in New Ro is kind of out dated not that nice to look at.

Crown Plaza has no bar for your guests and is a little over priced.

What I am doing is going to the Renaissance Hotel in West Harrison it is a 20 minute drive but the hotel and staff are UNBELIEVABLE!! your guests will never stay in a nicer room than this hotel. GO LOOK AT IT! I was blown away
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ppolano5ppolano5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just got married at Glen Island Harbour Club and stayed at the residence inn by marriott in new rochelle... definitely check them out.  They're a MUCH better alternative than the radisson!!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info! I'm glad I asked, I was going to use the Crown Plaza. I will definatly check out the Marriot's!! Thanks Ladies!!
  • edited December 2011
    I just blocked some rooms at the Radisson in NewRo.  I went in person and spoke to Diane who was great.  I also walked in beforehand and asked to see some rooms, and they showed me three different ones. They are currently going through renovations and I was told they should be totally done by August. They have sleep number beds and flat screens. They said they would do OOT bags, no problem. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards