Florida-South Florida

OMG Major Panic

I need serious help. This afternoon we recieved the boxes of "silk" flowers my uncle was supposed to be sending down so they are here when he arrives to do the flowers for the wedding in 16 days.
I am freaking out because it looks like this supposed professional went to freaking Michael's to buy this utter crap and is trying to play me the fool like he got it from a professional wholesaler. I could get stuff from Wal-Mart and it would look better than this. Seriously. Pissed. Off.
I now HAVE to find someone else that can at least make bouquets and boutonnieres and from whom we can purchase the other decor flowers from (centerpiece stems, greenery, sweetheart & cake table sprays). Ideally we can just have them do everything, but I don't know if that's even feasible at this point. (I'm praying though. Really hard. Really really hard.)
Any recs? Our venue works with Creations by Blanca, I know I've heard amazing things about her on here, and our DJ recommended Flowers by Sandra to us. Anyone have any experience with Field of Flowers?
PLEASE HELP!

Re: OMG Major Panic

• I would be freaking out too but I am positive you will be more than fine! I sent you some recommendations on your FB via the private message you sent me. I hope it works out for and please keep us updated!
  • AMYM312AMYM312 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Try Creations by Blanca. She has been great with me so far but she told me a week ago that October is her busiest month so she might already be booked. =/ But worth a shot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blanca is great!! A few knotties have had good luck with Field of Flowers, but some haven't.

I also really like the Flower Market in Boynton Beach-- they did my bridal shower and it was amazing!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Call Love the Blooms at (954) 829-3185.  I'm sure she'll be able to help you.  She's very good and I know of many brides she's gotten out of a bind.  Will work with any budget and has plenty of staff to do a last minute fix.  Hope this helps.
  • Thank you so much for the recs ladies. I have some calls out and an appointment for Saturday and Monday evening, hopefully I can get some good news and have this major speed bump taken care of quickly.
  • How'd everything go with the flowers?
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_omg-major-panic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:8d289d07-4a13-48ba-9feb-9dca2481539bPost:4fefeea5-e274-470d-9c4e-537ba9c405c6">Re: OMG Major Panic</a>:
    [QUOTE]How'd everything go with the flowers?
    Posted by missv19732000[/QUOTE]
    I finally found someone yesterday. Blossom Street Florist, Eileen has been amazing helping us figure out what we can do in our budget, and so quickly, it's made us both a lot more relieved. I was very nervous I was going to be stuck and she has come through with some great ideas and quality flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards