Canada-Alberta

Bacholorette/Bridal Parties

What kind of ideas do people have for their bacholorette and bridal parties?  I know MOH is in charge of that, however I am a recovering addict who doesn't want to do the typical things like go to the bar or being around a lot of alcohol.  I know for the bridal shower there isn't the bar scene, however I would like to do something different.  So I just want to see what everyone else is doing.

Re: Bacholorette/Bridal Parties

• cjkostiukcjkostiuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im having mine is Las vegas, Celebrating my 30th bday and bacholorette in one party!
    Its myself, my MOH ( my cousin ) my mom, a couple of my aunts and a few close friends. It will be a small group but it exactly what i wanted.  
    Ive been to many different styles of bachorlette parties. One was weekend get a way with the girls. We booked a chalet at the kimberely ski hill, it was off season, so it was cheap!! Everyone was in charge of one meal and one game. There was a hot tub on the balcony. It was one of the best parties i've ever been to. There was no bar, and it wasnt based around drinking, it was fun bridal games, food, chocolate and girl time! 
    Ive been paint balling for a bacholorette party. Having a nice dinner out is a great party as well. 
    There's so many different thing to do, you definalty dont have to be in the bar scene to celebrate your bacholorette party.
  • kittieikittiei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend suggested the other day that for mine, we should maybe go to Banff and have a spa day or something. I'm not a big drinker or partier so this would be perfect for me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunetly I do not have the money to go away for the weekend and I don't think a lot of the people I would like to be there would be able to affoard it or to be able to go away for the weekend.  I do like the idea though.
  • cjkostiukcjkostiuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going away for the weekend is fun, but it can be expensive. You should a nice dinner with the girls, maybe go for manicures or pedicaues first. Go out for some great food, or stay in and have a pot luck style dinner. I dont think its about where or what you do, its about spending time with those friends and family members who you care about. 
  • edited December 2011
    we had a girls camping weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    For my bridal shower we just had it at one of my bridesmaid's houses.  We had brunch & tea.  We played 3 games and opened gifts.  It was a really fun afternoon.

For my bachelorette party I went to a spa to get pedicures with my bridesmaids, then we met up with the rest of the girls at a restaurant for dinner.

What do you like to do for fun?  Perhaps you can just go do that with your girlfriends.  I've heard of pottery painting bachelorette parties, paintball, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I will have to think about it.  My MOH wanted to know what I wanted to do and I was a little stumped, as I no longer drink, so a lot of the traditional things are out.....lol..
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of taking a bunch of girls to dinner theatre - there's a place in Calgary (Jubliations) that gets the audience involved, don't take themselves seriously which means the evening is FULL of laughs. It's about $70/person but you get a four course meal and a play. You'll never laugh more.

I was hoping to do something else a little more "traditional" maybe go dancing somewhere or having a theme party at a friend's house.

This way there's something more "outing" related and then something intimate for hanging with the girls.
  • I do like the idea of a dinner theatre, however one of the problems I have with it is it might limit who can come, as not everyone in my wedding party can affoard $70.00 and I definetly can't affoard to purchase them.  I am trying to stir away from the traditional type of bachelorette parties.  For one I do not drink and I did all the stripper thing when I was in my 20's....the bar scene doesn't work for me.  I have considered doing a make up party, or a spa party, that sort of thing.  I am thinking of having a bridal party night and hit the melting pot here in Edmonton.

Sherry
  • I know that it sounds kind of cheezy. But my bridesmaids and I are having an old school sleepover. Like we did when we were really young. Were gunna rent the "chick flicks" and do each others hair and probably do our nails and stuff. And were just gunna eat a bunch of junk food and pretty much just be crazy. And then another thing that I love is to rollerblade. So I suggested that we go rollerblading at like 2AM while were all hyper. I know it seems pretty juvinile but it suits all of our personalities. We like to act crazy and be hyper. But it just depends on the people that are in your bridal party. 
  • What about pole dancing classes. Not sure where you at, but there's a studio in Edmonton called Aradia fitness, but I'm sure Calgary has lots too. I took a class once, and it was so much fun. They also offer a lap dance class. It's more fitness oriented and women only, fully clothed. You might even be able to do a drop in class to save some money versus a private instructor. What about a chocolate making class? Or another type of cooking class? Then maybe head out for a chick flick after dinner? There are lots of things you can do with your girlfriends. Pick something themed and it will feel special. Maybe even get some boudior-like photos with your friends, but in some dresses, makeup and hair all done. Lots of boudoir photographers offer stagette packages. Have fun getting all dressed up together, get some photos done then head out for dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards