New York-Western
Options

Shuttle

I'm getting married in September in North Tonawanda and our reception is at the Marriott in Amherst.  My family and family friends will all be traveling from NYC and I've been getting a lot of transportation questions.  Has anyone booked a bus or some sort of shuttle from their ceremony to their reception?  I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to fly in and will be staying at the Marriott.  Aside from just seeing if the hotel could provide a shuttle, does anyone have any suggestions?  We're both the first in our families to get married so we don't really have a ton of people to ask about all of the little things!

Re: Shuttle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using S&S Limo to shuttle our guests.  They were able to give us a pretty good deal b/c we are only using them for a few hours during the earlier part of the day.  They have several offices all over WNY/CNY... I am not famiiliar w/ Amherst, but they may offer service in that area also.  Definitely worth a look.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am renting a school bus from Grand Tours. They will be taking your guest from the hotel to the reception hall, Clarence to Rich's Atrium downtown. Than after the wedding probably to the bars and back to hotel. We are having them for 12 for around $700 so really reasonable. the bus hold 48 adults.

Good luck planning the rest of the wedding!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might consider asking the Marriott if they could offer some sort of shuttle service...I know they do for airport transportation. I went to a friend's wedding in Rochester and they were able to get the hotel to provide shuttle service....they gave guests two times going to the ceremony and two return times that they could make the shuttle...since you are bringing them your business for the reception maybe they would be willing to cut a deal or even do it for free?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also rent a charter bus like PP stated....First Student and as PP said, Grand Tours, are good options....they could fit a lot of guests at one time which sounds like a good option if you have a lot of out of towners
  • Options
    beekaboo43beekaboo43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the suggestions!  I'm definitey going to call the Marriott and ask but the school bus idea is also really great and sounds very reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did giorgio's limo.

it was a good deal, but just a 12 passenger van...i think they have bigger ones though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards