Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Can we register at 3 places?

We saw more items we like only available at this one store but since we already registered at two stores we held Off. What's correct? Haha I don't want to come Off selfish but their stuff was reasonable! Haha Can we have three stores we register with?
5*6*11 I will marry my best friend! Budget Bride that loves DIY! My planning blog- It's a work in progress http://futuremrsd.weebly.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can we register at 3 places?

• Options
    3 registries is totally fine. Any more than that gets gift-grabby, but three is fine
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I don't see why registering in three places would be a problem. We have a lot at one place, then some at another and then the rest at another. But that's because the third place is a specialty outdoor store so it has items that we would like that can't be found at the first or second store.
    Countdown to being Mrs. Tirey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding website
  • Options
    3 is fine, anything more looks gift grabby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i don't understand why its such a big deal to keep it down. its one thing to be excessive in the number of items, but by registering at multiple places, you're giving people a better opportunity to shop where they like to shop. ex: some people prefer macy's because they have a macy's charge card, but some people have a Belk card instead, and other people like BBB because of the coupons. am i wrong?! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_can-register-3-places?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:360c6765-401e-4b19-ba33-12633a672097Post:612fddb6-082a-43d0-a69f-4e0efabed9ba">Re: Can we register at 3 places?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't understand why its such a big deal to keep it down. its one thing to be excessive in the number of items, but by registering at multiple places, you're giving people a better opportunity to shop where they like to shop. ex: some people prefer macy's because they have a macy's charge card, but some people have a Belk card instead, and other people like BBB because of the coupons. am i wrong?! 
    Posted by celizabethj[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I don't see the big deal either. I've found that guests sent us an engagement gift and want to give us both a shower gift and a wedding gift. That means you have to register for lots of options in lots of different price points... I don't know about most people, but I can't think of 50+ things I would want from Macy's. </div><div>
    </div><div>Not to mention, not all stores are in all cities. My hometown has a W-S and a Tiffany, but they do not have a Bloomingdales or a Crate & Barrel. By registering a four, we've ensured that guests can have at least two stores to browse a registry from and that they aren't pigeon-holed into a certain price range. </div><div>
    </div>
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards