Wisconsin

Camo Wedding... HELP

My fiance' and I are getting married in September of 2011 and we are looking into having a camo themed wedding. We were both brought up into hunting/outdoor families. I know many people think it is a stupid idea but it fits our personalities. I have been having a hard time finding classy camo wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, and flower girl dresses. We have the camo tux's and all of the decorations picked out. I just need help finding dresses for all of us girls. If you have any advice, im desperate! Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Camo Wedding... HELP

• KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI's Brother had his wedding camo....the girls were just in green dresses, which I saw pictures and they were nice! Just like a hunter green. (or you could do blaze orange, which Im not sure how your BMs are, they might not be big fans)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_camo-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:cae9cb37-f290-4985-8b97-26b33281a333Post:dc27e765-1074-4ee4-bb21-16270733a10c">Re: Camo Wedding... HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI's Brother had his wedding camo....the girls were just in green dresses, which I saw pictures and they were nice! Just like a hunter green. (or you could do blaze orange, which Im not sure how your BMs are, they might not be big fans)
    Posted by KatieD212[/QUOTE]

THIS.  I think having EVERYONE in camo might be a little too much print.  I think if the guys are wearing camo suits/tuxes, then the girls should be in a sold color dress.  (I don't think I've ever seen a wedding where the entire party was in one print)  Pick a color that you like/matches a color in the suits.  You could always tie their bouquets with camo ribbon.

Then you can get the dresses from anywhere!  GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I remember when I was planning, a similar question came up.  What was determined was that to do it right, it's less about using the camo pattern but more of the colors and feel. 

So you could do variations of the olive green with punches of orange.  You could use things from or found in nature to tie it all together, like curly branches at a base of orange flowers or something.  You could still use the pattern to tie the bouquets, etc.  Small punches of the pattern used in the right way could be really fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • courtneyjean7courtneyjean7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you all! i really like the green with hints of orange idea! im debating whether i should do a white dress, or a white dress with camo accents, or an all camo dress... hopefully everything will come together!
  • edited December 2011

I don't know that I would do an all camo dress, I know there are some out there that are done tastefully, but it might be a bit much.  That's 100% up to you though.

You could look into more traditional dresses with hints of the camo pattern as a little peakaboo - that could be fun

Or you could pick a more traditional dress that has a color accent and maybe just pick up one of the colors of the camo print and then maybe wrap your flowers in the camo print.

I honesly think the more subtle you keep the pattern and the more you pick up on the colors and the feel, it will keep it on the classy side....this is 100% my opinion only and feel free to ignore it!

Out of curiosity, the tuxes are you talking pants and jacket are camo print or solid color tuxes with a camo vest / tie?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love this color for a camo wedding: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Color?&colorName=Fern

You could do a traditional white wedding dress and have a camo sash.  I've seen people do that with leopard and other non-traditional prints. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • courtneyjean7courtneyjean7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The guys tuxes will be a plain black color with just camo vests and maybe ties. As for my dress, i think you are right about having it all camo would be too much. I think I am going to do white while just an accent color of camo.

• Kristyl01Kristyl01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were also doing our wedding in camo in september 2011!....What we are doing for the bridesmaids is having them wear dark brown and then a camo sash. For the flower girls they are wearing brown also and carrying a flower girl basket that is camo. Are you doing mossy oak, or what style!?
  • edited December 2011
    My friend had a camo wedding too.  She got her bridesmaid dresses from a website called Camo Diva.  You could try them.  She went with all camo dresses for the bridesmaids, camo vests for the groomsmen and her dress was mostly white with camo accents.  It sounded wierd at first, but was beautiful in the end. I say if you really want  camo, then do it and have fun.
  • tifffraz9807tifffraz9807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and my husband are also having a camo wedding in september 2011.  You can go to camodiva.com, camoformal.com, and atouchofcamo.com.  They have any variation of dresses that you want.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there, just wanted to let you camo lovers know that there are great camo wedding invitations on ebay, like three or four different ones to choose from. Nice touch to a camo wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding in oct 2011 and Im doing camo as well. but I didnt want to use the green or orange. so many ppl use them colors..my dress is ivory simple but not to simple. my guy vest and tie are camo tux are black and my girls are light canary yellow and with cowgirl boots.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards