Getting in Shape
Options

Best workout DVD?

I have a little less than 3 months til the big day. I was thinking about getting the Jillian MIchaels 30 Day Shred DVD. Does anyone have any workouts that they really LOVE?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best workout DVD?

• Options
    I liked most of the Biggest Loser DVD's when I id them, but lately I get so bored with DVD's and prefer to head to the gym, or for a run. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the 30 day shred is awesome, and I found it to be very effective.  After doing it a few times a week for a couple of weeks, I was able to do a "real" pushup for the first time in my life!  Granted I could only do, like, three of them, but still!!   Jillian gets annoying, but once you do it a few times you can watch it without her annoying commentary/voice and it's better that way.  I just like that its SO quick (only about 25 minutes from stretching to cool down) and you're never doing any one move for more than about 45 seconds.  So even if the move is torture, it's over pretty quick. 
  • Options
    I think the 30 day shred is a great start! I haven't done any DVDs in awhile because I prefer to either go lift weights or go for a run but I loved the 30 day shred because even though Jillian got on my nerves it was still a good way to get a quick workout in when I didn't have a ton of time.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    The 30 day shred is great if you do it consistently!  I would mute her and put on my iPhone because she does get annoying.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jillian Michaels also recently put out a 90 day program that is kind of her version of the p90X system.  Might be worth checking out with three months to go.

My favorite at-home workout is Brazil Butt Lift, hands down.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_best-workout-dvd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:e816e1d4-2208-4ba0-91f8-be7e229dbfa7Post:7b89e2ad-b2ff-471b-8209-205374f6f581">Re: Best workout DVD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jillian Michaels also recently put out a 90 day program that is kind of her version of the p90X system.  Might be worth checking out with three months to go. My favorite at-home workout is Brazil Butt Lift, hands down.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I love the brazil butt lift. When I started it I was actually laughing because it was so painful, but I saw results pretty quick and I've been getting compliments so its good motivation! I also have zumba and hip hop abs. I have to mix it up constantly because I get bored.

Also I made myself a binder of all the 'workout move of the month" from Cosmo and Allure and stuff. I have been finding more on Pinterst and it is nice to have enough to switch it up.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I did 30 day shred. Now doing ripped in 30. Its amazing you see results very quickly.
  • Options
    Thanks so much guys. This has helped a lot. I'm pretty excited to get started. Amazing how motivating that white dress can be!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with all of the posts on the Jillian videos... I'm doing Ripped in 30 right now and have done 30 Day Shred in the past. While I recommend both, it's woth noting that if you're not into really pushing yourself for 30 minutes and would like a lighter option, the Turbo Jam series is a good option. You get a lot of good rotational work, it's fun, and it has good music that you can pump up to void out the instruction. So depending on how intense you want to get, this would be a good option, because many of the Jillian plans call for you to do the same workout 5-6 days a week, which can make you pretty sore if you haven't been exercising and can get boring.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards