October 2013 Weddings

Babies?!?!

How many of you ladies have been together so long that the wedding will actually be signal to start your race towards conception?

We've already started our TTC preparedness kit full of stuff we learned will help us get there a little faster. (We TTCed before to no avail)

In Our Kit:
Preseed, A pregnancy journal, a birth plan, oral syringe, and a fund to buy an ovecue monitor.

We've been READY for a kid since 2009, now that I'm about out of college and my family is okay with us getting married we're too ready to finally get our family started. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog

Re: Babies?!?!

• I have a daughter from a prior marraige. We've talked about kids he's older than me no kids from his previous marraige. I wish I could be on this boat with you, but sadly we are not. We are discussing adoption or a surrogate option, but are leaning towards no due to the expense. FI has decided that putting me through another pregnancy is not something he can do. I am high risk and I have to be pulled from medications for months prior to trying. I'd love another one especially one for him, but it is unlikely I will ever carry another baby and there are times where that makes me cry. I love my daughter with all my being, and it makes me sad that every first with her will probably be a last for me too in that relm. It makes me especially sad because he is a wonderful man and I feel like he should be the father he is capable of and I am unable to give him that. In all honesty that is the one thing walking into this marraige that breaks my heart, he is ok with it but its really hard for me to accept.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Okay, I'm not TTC or anywhere near that yet, but what is preseed?

I'm not planning on starting a family for a long time. Idk if I even want kids, but I know that I want to spend quality time with my FI without children for a long time before considering kids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dewpixie: I am so sorry. I know that weird feeling of thinking it will never happen or expecting it will never happen. My fiance and I have been TTC for 3 years prior to our engagement we got pregnant a couple of times and almost made it to the 6 week mark. I really feel that I'm too young for this type of issue.

I always wanted to be a discount surrogate, for families who want it but can't afford it, but at the rate I'm going it looks like I'm going to need one.

justdance: Preseed is a special personal lubricant that is supposed to make the lady bits more sperm friendly and help the sperm get from the vagina to the uterus in larger quantities faster speeds and with minimal damage. If you haven't used it before you should try it. If you use the right amount (and don't over do it) it feels awesome too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • kg8807kg8807 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My fiance got a vasectomy during his previous marriage (at only 23 years old) because he didn't want to have more children with her and that was all she was using him fofr pretty much. We each have a child, but would like one of our own so we have been looking up doctors to try to reverse the vasectomy. I was fine with not having more kids, but the more we talked about it I realized how amazing of a father he already is and I want to do things right this time. 
  • We will prob try after a few months of being married. If I was so concerned about having kids right now I think we would have just did a destination wedding this year . We would like them soon but we are not in a rush.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:28a38dc3-786c-455e-8f5f-e68a916a5afcPost:e006bbf2-11de-4edb-8e39-3e9c52025eff">Re: Babies?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]dewpixie: I am so sorry. I know that weird feeling of thinking it will never happen or expecting it will never happen. My fiance and I have been TTC for 3 years prior to our engagement we got pregnant a couple of times and almost made it to the 6 week mark. I really feel that I'm too young for this type of issue. I always wanted to be a discount surrogate, for families who want it but can't afford it, but at the rate I'm going it looks like I'm going to need one. justdance: Preseed is a special personal lubricant that is supposed to make the lady bits more sperm friendly and help the sperm get from the vagina to the uterus in larger quantities faster speeds and with minimal damage. If you haven't used it before you should try it. If you use the right amount (and don't over do it) it feels awesome too.
    Posted by GoldenCityDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>Interesting. Well, I will be sure to stay away from that for a long time. The last thing I want is my lady bits to be more sperm friendly. Thanks for answering the question though.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is why I love online boards you get to know what other people think about the topics that aren't openly discussed.

I think our big rush is due to the fact that we've been basically in a domestic partnership for the past 4 years not being allowed to do the things that we were ready and wanting to do. When my parents said I was too young to get married back in 2008, it was true but we were so ready, we just said okay and waited. We did this every year until this one my FI engaged me, we set our date, then we annouced it to family.

:-) So instead of letting our relations ship grow tired we just let it progress naturally so after our second year we were in open discussion with each other about getting married, finances, having babes.

I don't want to be 30 with babes. It is just not for me & I developed baby & pregnancy envy in 2010. I want the kiddos out of the house by the time I'm 50 so we can explore the world, be emptynesters with years ahead of us, take vaccations with our REAL paychecks instead of trying to go on vaccation with our little paychecks we have now. For us, that's the goal, to get kids thing out of the way while we're still youthful & entergetic so later we can just be with each other with out the urge and quite anticipation of haveing kids.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:28a38dc3-786c-455e-8f5f-e68a916a5afcPost:1dd45933-7109-4ef2-a45a-d2419497e802">Re: Babies?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is why I love online boards you get to know what other people think about the topics that aren't openly discussed. I think our big rush is due to the fact that we've been basically in a domestic partnership for the past 4 years not being allowed to do the things that we were ready and wanting to do. When my parents said I was too young to get married back in 2008, it was true but we were so ready, we just said okay and waited. We did this every year until this one my FI engaged me, we set our date, then we annouced it to family.  :-) So instead of letting our relations ship grow tired we just let it progress naturally so after our second year we were in open discussion with each other about getting married, finances, having babes. I don't want to be 30 with babes. It is just not for me & I developed baby & pregnancy envy in 2010. I want the kiddos out of the house by the time I'm 50 so we can explore the world, be emptynesters with years ahead of us, take vaccations with our REAL paychecks instead of trying to go on vaccation with our little paychecks we have now. For us, that's the goal, to get kids thing out of the way while we're still youthful & entergetic so later we can just be with each other with out the urge and quite anticipation of haveing kids.
    Posted by GoldenCityDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>That all makes sense. Trust me, I wasn't judging you for your decisions or anything. It's just not for me to have babies right away. I think I'd rather take vacations with my paychecks right now before kids rather than after, but everyone has their own preferences. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are both trying not be be part of the Shulman curse ( my FI parents, his older brother) were expecting when they got married . Jordan's parents were 1 week in . Billy and his wife were 3 months ( they got engaged and married in a month)   neither pregnancy was planned. Billy and Mirsa really got in over thier heads with a baby, they didnt get to have thier dream wedding 

i defiantly want a good check up from my OBGYN and will probally start trying Nov or Dec  though a Aug /Sept baby would be tough with the heat. 

My mom had 4 miscarrages before she had me, a miscarraige, my brother, mischarage, another brother, a miscarrige of triplets, my youngest brother who is now a collage man lol 
    If it doenst happen in the first year we have an amazing fertility clinic down the street from my job. 

Dont give up hope, keep the faith
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards