Getting in Shape

I just registered for my first 5K! I've been doing the 0 to 5K program for a few weeks. The race is on Feb 17. I know I won't be ready by that point to run the entire time but I plan on running as much as I can. And I can run with my dog which will be fun :)

I know a 5K isn't much- but I'm definitely not a runner so I'm excited for my baby steps :)

Re: 5K

• Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    That's awesome, way to go! And who knows, maybe a little race day adrenaline will help you run a little further than you think you can! Super excited for you!
    Anniversary
  • edited January 2013
    Congratulations!
    It doesn't matter that it's a short race.. It's a race! 
    I'm not a runner either so I can relate :) 
    And that's AWESOME that you can bring your pup. Make sure to get a couple pictures for us :) 
  • Yay!  I love races that allow dogs.  I run the same 5k every summer and there is one person that always brings their little dachshund with them.  It is so cute, even though they end up carrying the dog for half the race! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hooray! Let us know how it goes! I'm on the same path - going to start C25K and then do my first 5K in august. It's scary but at least it gives you something to exercise for!
  • Hope you have fun!  Who knows maybe you will catch race fever and do a bunch more :)
  • Congrats!! You'll feel amazing at the end even if you don't run the whole thing. It's great that you've taken the intiative to sign up and are feeling positive about it.

I didn't run the whole way when I did my first 5K. Now I run triathlons. Racing is addictive. Just let the great accomplishment of finishing be the motivation you need =) 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks ladies! And I'll be sure to get some pictures :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_5k-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8ade7b35-c60c-4c27-bd3a-1db0924d3d5dPost:c5729c18-e21a-4c9c-97f0-d071e4cd160f">5K</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just registered for my first 5K! I've been doing the 0 to 5K program for a few weeks. The race is on Feb 17. I know I won't be ready by that point to run the entire time but I plan on running as much as I can. And I can run with my dog which will be fun :) I know a 5K isn't much- but I'm definitely not a runner so I'm excited for my baby steps :)
    Posted by whinkle863[/QUOTE]
    YAY!!<div>
    </div><div>I love the 5K's, I do several a year...I love to run, just not long distance lol</div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck, you will love it!</div>
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards