Wisconsin

Reception frustration!

I have been calling all over the southeast WI area trying to find a great, not too expensive reception hall for 50 people. I have found a lot of nice places but they either require a minimum food order(which would feed 100 of people easily) or have a minimum for people in their halls. Any ideas in the SE WI area? We are looking for something with some charm, not just a banquet hall. I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks!
Amanda

Re: Reception frustration!

• cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dekoven Center (Racine)
    Kemper Center (Kenosha)
    Masonic Center (Racine)
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Milwaukee County Parks has some buildings with character (and some rather plain ones, too).  The South Shore Pavilion is beautiful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest the parks as well. 
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gundy, I LOL'ed at your "and some rather plain ones too".  Too funny!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • JessieH11JessieH11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Kemper Center.  Its right on Lake Michigan, very pretty
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, have you look at Unkorkt in Racine?
    www.vsbyvs.com
  • varsity714varsity714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure where is SE Wisconsin you are looking. Did you try Cuvee? I also suggest Ten Chimneys in Genesse, Delafield Hotel, Iron Horse Hotel, Hawks Inn, Delafield
  • edited December 2011

Kemper Center (Kenosha) has several smaller banquet rooms.  L&M Meats is one of their preferred caterers.

Maple Crest Country Club (Kenosha) -  I think they either have a very low banquet rental fee or it is free to rent. 

Veteran's Terrace (near Burlington) - recently remodeled so it actually smells new.  They have several rooms.  I think the Star and Stripes room is the smallest.  The brides dressing room is practically the size of my New York City apartment!  This was my fiance's choice.

The Polish Center (Milwaukee Area) - just like a country club but without the golf course.  Beautiful!  They have a smaller room as well. 

An off beat idea - The Kenosha History Museum.  Your party is the perfect size to for seating.  If it were any bigger, you'd have to do standing only.  They charge $500 for 5 hours.  The other Kenosha museums are nice, but they charge ala carte fort everything - you need to rent the banquet hall and the hallway. 

Hope this helps!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks to all of you! The suggestions are really easing my mind!
  • jasbear01jasbear01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would second Cuvee.  Also, Milwaukee Public Market is a really unique space and offers a lot of flexability in food/menus.   There are a lot of smaller art galleries in the Milwaukee area which are available for weddings. 
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Kenosha Museum is also an option if you're in that neck of the woods. :)
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    Missie, we actually toured the Kenosha Museum today! I liked it, but I think we are pretty much set on the Women's Club in Library park. I love Victorian houses, so I am just a little bit in love! hehe Thanks to you all for your help :)
  • feitshanfeitshan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind travelling to the Lake Geneva area, we are having our reception at Celebration on Wells in Lake Geneva.  Super pretty hall with a lot of character and sophistication (and a fireplace) that was really inexpensive.  No minimums and holds up to 150 so it really is an intimate indoor setting.  They also handle all set-up and tear-down which will give a little more relief!  They do their own catering but have really great pricing and packages for that too. 
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Dekoven Center.  What about the domes, or Boerner botanical gardens, in MKE? 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards