Wedding Reception Forum
Options

table linens are too long!!!!

Ok so when i bought my table linens my idea was to hv them be floor lenght. Well i went to my venue yesterday just to make sure they were the right size and they are about 4 inches too long!!!!  They are dragging on the floor!!!! Any ideas on what I can do? other than hem them all...i hv over 20 of them....I'm hoping for any quick fix ideas.  I dont hv much time, my wedding is on july 17th!!! HELP!!!!!

Re: table linens are too long!!!!

• Options
    Are you using a table runner? If you are, you could create a fold along the center of the table, pin them and then put the table runners over them. Don't know if it would really work, but it sounds like it could.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    I was just at a charity dinner this weekend with tablecloths that draped on the floor, and it wasn't that bad. The only reason I even noticed was because I hid my purse under our table. It really wasn't noticeable. Being so close to your date, I'd let this one go and just don't worry about it. 18 days! YAY! :)
  • Options
    Get straight pins and pin them all or safety pin them.  
  • Options
    Also, we have the same wedding date!
  • Options
    I don't agree with bec2be.  I can totally see someone scooching their chair onto the table cloth and then sliding it out and bringing down their plate and drinks with the tablecloth.  

Another option is getting the quick hem stuff where you iron it on.  You would make a fold and then put the strip inside and then iron it and it creates a quick hem.  
  • Options
    No one will notice. It's fine.
  • Options
    find a tailor

• Options
    All you need to do is when you put them on the table, you tuck the extra length under the table.  It may take a little time to make them all look right but no one will ever notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards