Snarky Brides
Options

Random WR Question...

I have searched for an answer, but haven't come up with anything useful. I am hoping you girls can help!

As far as guest books are concerned, do I need to have one for the ceremony and one for the reception? Could I use the same one? I have heard conflicting things, so I wanted to see what SB would say.
My furbaby, Miles
Anniversary

Re: Random WR Question...

• Options
    Nah just use the same one.  Who wants two?
    panther
  • Options
    I'd say the same one. Otherwise it will look like an attendance sheet for your guests, in a bad way. Just put one out at the reception entrance and be done with it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm not positive but I think people usually use the same one.  Also, you don't NEED one at all if you don't want one.
  • Options
    Aww I love your kitty's face!
  • Options
    We used a photo mat instead!  It was really cool.  People signed their names and wrote messages.  It's the same thing as a guest book but instead of disappearing in a box somewhere we can actually frame it and have it hung in our house.
    panther
  • Options
    I've never seen a guest book at the ceremony, just the reception. Weird.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-wr-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aeee8ed5-8500-485e-a82c-c06843406852Post:6e661a3c-2f63-40e8-96ce-7b18bcf234ef">Re: Random WR Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd say the same one. Otherwise it will look like an attendance sheet for your guests, in a bad way. Just put one out at the reception entrance and be done with it. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    Alright, thanks. Since the ceremony and reception will be at different locations, should it be displayed at the ceremony site or reception site?

I am wedding planning challenged, apparently.
    My furbaby, Miles
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think I've only seen using the same one.

We're making a photo/guest book on Picaboo to make it a little more interesting :-)
  • Options
    I've never in my life seen a guest book at the ceremony.

It should be at the reception site, where people will actually have time to sign it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I usually see it displayed at both so that if you get to the ceremony with not much time and don't have time to sign it you can catch it at the ceremony. But if I was going to go with just one, I'd go with the reception.
  • Options
    Really?  Every wedding I've attended has had the guest book at the ceremony.
  • Options
    Awesome! Thank you girls!
    My furbaby, Miles
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Me too, tiffbot.  In fact once people get to the reception they're like "Where's the bar?" and don't giveashit about signing the guestbook.
    panther
  • Options
    I have only seen the book at the ceremony. 
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    Who has time to sign that thing at the ceremony?  That's really odd to me.  Interesting.

• Options
    Well at our ceremony J&K, the photo mat (we used instead of a guestbook) was on a table in the foyer, with pictures of us around it.  The guests would have to walk past it in order to get into the sanctuary.  Our host couples greeted people as they came in and directed them to sign the mat before they were ushered in. 

Of course I was sequestered and saw none of this go down but there are a ton of signatures on the mat so it must have gone relatively well, lol.  Our hosts left immediately after the wedding and set up the photos and mat at a table in the entrance to the reception, too, so people who skipped the wedding and just came for the party could sign it there.
    panther
  • Options
    That makes sense. 

• Options
    I want your kitty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards