North Dakota

wedding venuse in/or around Fargo

I have looked into quite a few and a few of my favorites are, thumper pond, rustic oaks and an event center in downtown fargo. If you have any information on any of these or if you have had a great experence anywhere else please let me know :)

Re: wedding venuse in/or around Fargo

• Madsen00Madsen00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have been in a wedding at Thumper Pond - they have a great place, and facility! BEAUTIFUL pictures!!  I also toured Rustic Oaks, if I didn't have a 104 yr old lady to think of that I wanted to be there, I would have LOVED to get married there. I will keep Rustic Oaks in mind for maybe re-new of vows! Hope that helps!  Good Luck!

• CMO WeddingCMO Wedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Friends House just outside of Moorhead.  Bobbi is great to work with.
  • edited December 2011

if you're going with a smaller wedding, i would definately recommend Sky Prairie on top of the Hotel Donaldson.  it fits about 45-50 people and it's very pretty!  i was going to get married there but my budget forced me to get married at the radisson where we're doing our reception.

Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're having our reception at the Fargo Air Museum which I think is pretty neat! You can also get married in there.
  • We got married at the Plains Art Museum in downtown Fargo. The Avalon (the event center you're referring to) is beautiful, too. Our guests loved that they could walk from the Radisson, where they were staying.

What I loved about the Plains is that your different "events" throughout the evening are distinct by floor. Cocktail hour/appetizers on the first floor, dinner on the third, and dancing on the 1st. The cafeteria area also offers lots of seating for people who don't want to dance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards