July 2013 Weddings

Dress Success!!

So I was hell bent on that palm beach coral color. DB no longer carries it. We went to the closest salon and I asked for EVERY color swatch they had and laid them out on the floor....even if they didnt have a dress in it. Some of the corals they had were waaaaay to pink for my liking. I ended up falling in love with this irridescent tafetta that I threw away from the getgo because I figured it'd be too hot to wear in July.  Every time I was going through all the colors I kept coming back to the "watermelon" in the corner.
The owner of the salon ended up having MOH try on a dress in the tafetta..and when I looked up (from texting FI about how frustrated I was getting) she came out looking stunning in this short blue number. I  wasn't even expecting to find a dress but we both ended up loving it.
The tafetta is somewhat lighter than the satin and other than that swooshy noise it makes we decided 5th times a charm.   Here's the dress..except in our "watermelon' color.  

The closest I can find online to watermelon...Picture orange, pink and red having a baby lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Dress Success!!

• It will be great :)

Are your groomsmen going to wear grey suits?  Because that color would just look awesome as a vest with a grey suit.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks! And yes! They sure are. Just vests, no jackets..the white shirt with gray pants will look super handsome! Now I have to find matching ties somehow

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Love it <3 

Maybe not even matching ties, but something that coordinates with it would work too. 
  • The only thing Ive seen is pinky corals. Fi will be wearing an orange, gray and white tie but I'd rather the 2 guys be close to matching my girls. Any suggestions?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • How are you with sewing?  I don't think 4-in-hand ties are super difficult to make.

Otherwise I might try and go for a grey to match the pants.  It would pop off of a white shirt but still go with the rest of the outfit.
  • The thing is theyll have gray suits for the ceremony..then just vests for pictures. I think its too much gray, IMO. I can always try to buy extra material and have my mom sew ties....cause if I tried it'd look like an epileptic had a fight with a sewing machine.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • woot woot congrats
  • really pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards