Michigan-Grand Rapids

dye my slip

Hey ladies!

I want to dye my slip lime green for the wedding but I'm super nervous because for one it is my wedding slip and two i have never dyed anything and don't want to totally screw it up. Anyone done this that can give me tips and tricks. I have seen a website how to do it but I want to talk to someone first hand that has done it.

Re: dye my slip

• edited December 2011
    Susan,

I dyed my slip dark purple and it was actually VERY easy.  I just took a big storage tote (I think it was a 40 gallon one... I had a big slip so I used a bigger one) and two packets of Rit Dye because I wanted a darker color and mixed it up according to the directions.  I did't put it in the washing machine like some people said because I was too nervous.  Every 15 minutes or so I would go and stir it and rearrange the slip so that it was dyed evenly.  It took a whole day to get the dark color I wanted but it really was quite easy.  Once I achieved the color that I wanted, I took it upstairs to the spare bathroom and rinsed it out in the tub.  You can email me at [email protected] if you want more information. 

I was nervous too at first, but it wasn't bad at all!  Just make sure you stir the solution with the slip in there so that it gets an even color.  Happy dyeing!

Jaime
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards