Canada-Ontario

children's plate prices for reception

What is a reasonable rate for kids' plate (ages 3-12) at the reception. It was not in our signed contract and I wrote to the hall confirming $25 - as that what most venues in the city had - but they said 25% off the adult plate. I am quite shocked as that doesn't seem to account for the bar; not to mention that 1-course chicken fingers shouldn't cost the equivalent of our adult 6 courses, including filet mignon.

Re: children's plate prices for reception

• achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our childrens plate cost is 2/3 the cost of the adult meal.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We paid approximately 33.00 per child. I guess it depends where you are having your reception? Our is at Hockley Valley, so we expected to pay a bit more. I believe anywhere in the 30 range is ok!

• edited December 2011
    is that in Toronto?
  • edited December 2011
    that was directed at achiduck - is that in Toronto?
  • edited December 2011

Where is your reception being held, I know t was briefly mentioned when I booked our hall, though, I can't remember if it was 25% or $25 now... guess i'll have to put in a call..

image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $43 for the kids meals. (Woodbridge)
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_childrens-plate-prices-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:4186a80f-1d4b-41db-86fe-b528477f4559Post:f402caf6-d69c-4b14-9399-6733aa221d88">Re: children's plate prices for reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]that was directed at achiduck - is that in Toronto?
    Posted by ldiniz[/QUOTE]

No, that's in Kitchener - about 45 minutes outside of Toronto.
    Anniversary
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Children were 40% less than adults at our venue.
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we paid $27 but the standard price for something like chicken fingers was $20, but since our kids were on the older side we wanted them to be served a smaller portion of the 4 course adult meal. i would say it was about 40% of the cost of the adult meal. this is in niagara on the lake.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think our kids' meals were 30% the price of the adult meals, but there was also a "youth" meal for over 12 and under 19 which was about 60% of an adult meal price (basically the same meal, minus bar costs).
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Our children plates are 50% off adult meals, so they are $22.50 (plus tax, & tip).  Our alcohol is being supplied by us, so that isn't discounted out of the price either.
  • vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Kitchener.  Our adult plates were $82/pp, the children's plates were $20/pp.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • stephanieceestephaniecee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are in Burlington. There are kids aged 3-11 and only a few.

Our caterer agreed to charge $7.95 +18% service charge + 13% tax for the kids`chicken fingers meals only, since they are not the ``money makers``.

So essentially $10.62 for the kids meals, while the adult price, including bar is approx. $110 per person.

They planned on charging us much more for a smaller version of the main courses, but we just asked for chicken fingers and they said fine!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards